• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I shouldn't laff but.....

Just had a few texts of the young chappy that works for me

Goes like this..........

Have small prob I hope you can help with. go ahead

Need you to pull the Range Rover out of some mud. HA HA HA HA HA HA

Knew you would laff .....On Wayfares green lane!!!!!! Where exactly!!!!

Halfway along - upto axels - went off main track an got stuck. Bout 10 foot off stone track.

Ok so is this a good idea to go an try to get him.....bearing in mind I have only been off road once!!!!
    How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Originally posted by Bibs
    Just had a few texts of the young chappy that works for me

Goes like this..........

Have small prob I hope you can help with. go ahead

Need you to pull the Range Rover out of some mud. HA HA HA HA HA HA

Knew you would laff .....On Wayfares green lane!!!!!! Where exactly!!!!

Halfway along - upto axels - went off main track an got stuck. Bout 10 foot off stone track.

Ok so is this a good idea to go an try to get him.....bearing in mind I have only been off road once!!!!
    is there anyone else that can go along also just incase you get stuck.Unless you both have enough tow straps that you don't have to go into the deep stuff and get stuck yourself
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

If you or he has recovery gear, then it's a possibilty, as if he's only 10 feet in then you should be able to tow him out without getting off the track.

Rule no.1.

Never go offroad alone!

Rule no.2

never go off road with a numpty!

Your choice, but take a couple of burly chaps/chapesses incase you get stuck and need a push.

Take a spade and good torch, + wellies and waterproofs ( or get him to do the muddy stuff, and you stay warm and dry in the surf)

Also bear in mind a RR weighs more that a surf, so you may need more than one vehicle to get him out if he's bogged to the axles.

If he's got a young lady wih him, well, need I say more, we've all been there.
      Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce
        is there anyone else that can go along also just incase you get stuck.Unless you both have enough tow straps that you don't have to go into the deep stuff and get stuck yourself
        Nope - unfortunatly not - unless anyone here fancies Wayfarer tomorrow!!!!

Have to ask if he has a tow strap as mine mightn't be long enough

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob
          If you or he has recovery gear, then it's a possibilty, as if he's only 10 feet in then you should be able to tow him out without getting off the track.

Rule no.1.

Never go offroad alone!

Rule no.2

never go off road with a numpty!

Your choice, but take a couple of burly chaps/chapesses incase you get stuck and need a push.

Take a spade and good torch, + wellies and waterproofs ( or get him to do the muddy stuff, and you stay warm and dry in the surf)

Also bear in mind a RR weighs more that a surf, so you may need more than one vehicle to get him out if he's bogged to the axles.

If he's got a young lady wih him, well, need I say more, we've all been there.
          Well I did tell him he shouldn't go on his own.

Don't mind gettin muddy

Oh right - so it might be a pointless exercise then?

Comment

What's yur set up, do you have mud tyres? and is yours an auto?

Both of these will help you if you're new to offroading/recovery.

At this time of night it will be difficult, maybe best to go get him and recover vehicle in the morning,.
            Rob

Comment

10.30 at night he wants you to go up some desolate welsh mountain top and rescue him........................... yeah right
              Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Originally posted by mud skipper
                10.30 at night he wants you to go up some desolate welsh mountain top and rescue him........................... yeah right
                yea i never thought about the time.Tell him to sod off and wait till tomorrow and you'll have a go then

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob
                  What's yur set up, do you have mud tyres? and is yours an auto?

Both of these will help you if you're new to offroading/recovery.

At this time of night it will be difficult, maybe best to go get him and recover vehicle in the morning,.
                  Standard setup

Yokahama Geolander AT 2

Manual.............

He has got himself home and wants the help 2mrw

Comment

on a Sunday there is as much traffic up there as there is on the A55 lol
                    seriously tho when i got mine stuck an automatic surf couldnt budge mine it took two surfs to pull mine out of a bog
                    Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Ha ha ha - an u think I would go out in the dark on me own......oooo no chance

Comment

Originally posted by Bibs
                        Standard setup

Yokahama Geolander AT 2

Manual.............

He has got himself home and wants the help 2mrw
                        thats fair enough if he wants to do it tomorrow.Just don't go getting yourself stuck just to help him out tho

Comment

on a Sunday there is as much traffic up there as there is on the A55 lol
                          seriously tho when i got mine stuck an automatic surf couldnt budge mine it took two surfs to pull mine out of a bog
                          Oh well if that is the case then he might be better off takin' his bird up 2mrw and playin dumb as to how they got stuck

Comment

When I got my series 3 bogged to the axles (many years ago) it took a large 4x4 tractor to pull it out, and a RR weighs about 2 1/2 tons, I reckon you'll need two motors to get him out.

Let us know how it goes, take some piccies too.
                            Rob

Comment

thats fair enough if he wants to do it tomorrow.Just don't go getting yourself stuck just to help him out tho
                              Well after reading Mud skippers post I am a bit unsure as to wether it will pull it out anyway

Comment

Working...
                              X