yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

fao- Those who have fitted amps to there surfs!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fao- Those who have fitted amps to there surfs!!

Right, last weekend before i got a huge bout of "couldn't-be-ars*ditus" I was gunna run the wiring for my amp...

after taking the glovebox off... theres almost no where to run a cable from the engine bay to the inside...

Anyone got any pics/tips on where to run the power cable?

cheers.

i got loads of wires coming through behind the drivrs side dash and also loads of airlines coming through the aircon pipe grommet on the passenger side.
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

there's a big grommet on the pass. side next to the fuel filter where a load of other wires go through, should get cable up to about 4gauge through there.

Comes out behind one of the air ducts for the blowers, but if you feed it through from the engine bay side you should be able to push it through and fiddle until you find it on the inside
      =========
      =SOLD UP!=
      =========

Comment

Great stuff! Cheers lads!

I'll have a gander either tomorrow or sunday... my lil cousin is now in college to train to be an electrician.... Poor s*d! I go down every weekend with somet for him to fit

Comment

You need to poke something stiff through there and use it to draw cables through
          Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

I used that net curtain wire and taped the wires to that and pulled them through.

Comment

The cable for my (Heeeeuuuge!) amp runs through from the drivers side and then through the centre of the truck passing via the centre console where I have mounted an in-line fuse holder under perspex. These are additional fuses to the one under the bonnet. If you need piccies of any part of the install then let me know.
              Real trucks don't have spark plugs

Comment

Cheers Snoop! ive kinda got tomorrow penciled in as a "give it another try"

If it all goes t!ts up!! I might wanna see some pictures

Cheers!

Comment

Did you sort it?

Comment

Working...
                  X