Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @ Tony N

Hi mate
    in my quest to get rid of the back end whine I have changed the wheel bearings again, (as the noise seemed to come after I fitted the last set) but the noise is still there, so I am looking for a bit of advice/help;
    I am en route to the smoke on Sat, returning Mon, would you be availlable late AM Sat. to have a listen and try to locate the noise?

Have you ever experienced speed related whine from U/Js, bearings on dif, transfer box or gearbox (auto)?

If so do you have these parts in stock?

If it is diff, how do I find out what one I have, having found out, do you have any diffs?

I expect you are now saying WTF does he expect, but I would realy apreciate it if you can offer some guidance.
    In Tavistock we are fortunate to have the UK's finest cheese shop - I understand you have a likeing for a particular type, can I bring you some?
    (no it is not blackmail nor in lew of payment for your time which I expect to pay for - just me being nice!)
    Did I mention I have a BLUE one
    Tony

Did you change/top up/check the diff oil like I told you?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      Did you change/top up/check the diff oil like I told you?
      Oh Vince, I know you are the fund of all things knowlegeable, but how do you think I could have changed the bearings without loosing some of the contents of the diff? - actually yes I did, I drained all the old out (looked like some nice person had put additive in there as there was a lot of silvery sludge - spose it could be part of the gears!) and replaced it with nice fresh 90, also fitted some 3000's with posh Blue covers and a braded brake hose, overhauled the underslung spare winch and discovered a hole on the tailpipe - s'pose it is a stainless to go on the list now!
      This whine starting to wind me up now, just want a bit of peace and quiet and peace of mind now I SAID, I JUST WANT ....................
      Tony

Comment

shameless bump...I know Tony has been on the beer and pasties!
        Tony

Comment

Actually he's out working hard quoting a metalwork job at a posh school....

We are around Sat but he is busy (with a deadline!!) so he could have a quick listen/look, but wouldn't have time to spend ages fixing anything.

If you are passing and want to pop in then feel free
          Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Hello!
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
              Actually he's out working hard quoting a metalwork job at a posh school....

We are around Sat but he is busy (with a deadline!!) so he could have a quick listen/look, but wouldn't have time to spend ages fixing anything.

If you are passing and want to pop in then feel free
              thanks linda, don't want to be a pain, hopefully a quick look /listen will enable your man to solve my diagnostic nightmare, I certainly wasn't expecting any more than that! but when one is in the vacinity of greatness..................... .........
              expecting to be your way late morning - see you then
              Tony

Comment

Working...
              X