Ok..ive been thinking...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok..ive been thinking...

after my awesome insurance quote today... ive been double checking prices for tyres etc!

Im 90% sure im gunna go for Greenway Machos, But one thing i was thinking....

If one went pop an i put the spare on... there is a chance the tread pattern would be facing the 'wrong way' Would that cause all sorts of un godly problems on the road??

Originally posted by RodLeach
    after my awesome insurance quote today... ive been double checking prices for tyres etc!

If one went pop an i put the spare on... there is a chance the tread pattern would be facing the 'wrong way' Would that cause all sorts of un godly problems on the road??
    for a short time yes, until you've repaired it or replaced it

Comment

Just get a normal mud tyre for the spare.

Comment

Hmnn, But i like stuff to match

cuz im like that!

I guess sledge is closest to the mark!! Could do with a double rear hung spare

Comment

Hmnn, But i like stuff to match

cuz im like that!

I guess sledge is closest to the mark!! Could do with a double rear hung spare

It won't matter if the spare is different, 'cos you'll be covering it up with a hard spare wheel cover to stop it perishing due to the weather acting on it, won't you?!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
            It won't matter if the spare is different, 'cos you'll be covering it up with a hard spare wheel cover to stop it perishing due to the weather acting on it, won't you?!

Ummmm, errm.... Do they do those for 33x12.50 tyres!

Comment

Ummmm, errm.... Do they do those for 33x12.50 tyres!

Somebody must do, if not, there's a business venture for you!

Comment

Did'nt Joker get a bigun, i'd sooner see a nice wheel and tyre on there, you could always give it a rub with face cream to stop the rubber preishing
                Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Which is the correct way?
                  There are 10 kind of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

'There's no place like 127.0.0.1'

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE
                    Did'nt Joker get a bigun, i'd sooner see a nice wheel and tyre on there, you could always give it a rub with face cream to stop the rubber preishing
                    i got 31' greenway macho's [5] if i do get puncture will put it on temporary as suggested allready on this thread
                    didnt l/boyo [andy] get bigger macho's????
                    Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Yes - I've got 33x12.5 Machos.

Off road they are absolutely brilliant. I only fit mine when I am off roading coz of the effect they have on my car when on road, namely....

Much higher fuel consumption
                      Wrecks the acceleration (I know its a 2.4 blah)
                      They wear out quickly (the tread is so sggressive there's not much rubber in contact with the road)
                      They are a bit noisier - but not too bad.

If you do high milage I recommend you do not leave Machos on your truck.

However, they do look great on the truck....

OOOOPPPSIES = WRONG TRUCK LOL

Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

as andy said they do wear out quick noticed the other day + i dont do a lot of mileage will be getting another set of wheels +tyres [apache]then will keep one set for offroading +one set for the road

ace for offroading
                        Last edited by joker??; 26 September 2007, 12:06.

Comment

I was thinking about this this morning..... Anyone here run a rear mounted spare with a 33" on it? Does it make reverse parking a pain?

I also like things to match!
                          More Lift.
                          More Tyres.
                          More Engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Karma Supra
                            I was thinking about this this morning..... Anyone here run a rear mounted spare with a 33" on it? Does it make reverse parking a pain?

Tony and Linda do and i will be also soon.I think tony and Linda don't have any trouble reversing with it on theirs
                            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by Karma Supra

no it makes a bigger bumper

Comment

Working...
                              X