i can see it now. acme giant fly swat.
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

It SCARED the s5454t out of me to be Honest
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

If I come across anything with more than four legs, I take it as a " him or me situation", and somethings gotta die. ( I keep a hammer and blowtorch with me at ALL times for such emergencies!

Oh, and what the hell are those things the squaddies are getting ready to throw on the barby???
        Last edited by plumb bob; 25 September 2007, 22:05.
        Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob
          If I come across anything with more than four legs, I take it as a " him or me situation", and somethings gotta die. ( I keep a hammer and blowtorch with me at ALL times for such emergencies!

Oh, and what the hell are those things the squaddies are getting ready to throw on the barby???
          ha ha supper me thinks....thougth only birds were scared of creepy crawlies
          How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

Originally posted by Bibs
            ha ha supper me thinks....thougth only birds were scared of creepy crawlies

Didn't say I was scared , it's just him or me, and so far it's always been me still standing, although once there was a mexican stand off, and we mutually agreed to withdraw.
            Rob

Comment

Didn't say I was scared , it's just him or me, and so far it's always been me still standing, although once there was a mexican stand off, and we mutually agreed to withdraw.
              Attack or be attacked ......I like ya philosophy

Comment

ah poor little creatures

Comment

Originally posted by sledge
                  ah poor little creatures
                  Sometimes ya gotta be tough.......ha ha ha ise scared to death of um tbh

Comment

I take the US strategy, "if it's within reach and looks ever so slightly threatening, I make a pre-emtive strike" Although if they fight back, it's time to run away screaming like a little girl!
                    Rob

Comment

I take the US strategy, "if it's within reach and looks ever so slightly threatening, I make a pre-emtive strike" Although if they fight back, it's time to run away screaming like a little girl!

love it

Comment

Friendly fire is more affective at killing things!

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein
                          thats not a spider.
                          these are.actually there not but who cares.look at the fecking size of em.
                          They're Solpugid or Sun Spider they're a relative of the scorpion. When you're in the desert they look like they're chasing you, but they're only trying to get into your shadow out of the hot sun.

You try not to run like hell when someone tells you they're harmless to us.

Comment

Originally posted by Long way 'round
                            They're Solpugid or Sun Spider they're a relative of the scorpion. When you're in the desert they look like they're chasing you, but they're only trying to get into your shadow out of the hot sun.

You try not to run like hell when someone tells you they're harmless to us.

One of them things running at me would get an immediate response from my fully automatic machine gun, and maybe a grenade or two!
                            Rob

Comment

One of them things running at me would get an immediate response from my fully automatic machine gun, and maybe a grenade or two!
                              rocket launcher lol

Comment

http://www.whatsthatbug.com/solpugids.html

Dear Chas,
                                You take the prize for the best photograph ever. Camel Spiders are actually Solpugids, not true spiders and related to scorpions. They are fierce hunters. Here is a letter we received last year that contains opinions and may or may not contain facts.

(11/3/2003) Camel Spider
                                I just basically just stumbled upon your website. Very interesting to say the least. Anyway, after looking at all the various insect pictures people have sent in for identification, I thought I would share this picture with you. Seems kind of appropriate for the Halloween season: Well, here is the nastiest creature God ever placed on this earth. This is what I had to deal with while in Kuwait during Operation Desert Storm ... I present to you the infamous "Camel Spider". A vicious insect that lives in the middle eastern deserts. Although they are not actually spiders, they resemble a cross between a spider and a scorpion. Also called the sun spider, solpugid, wind scorpion, and a host of other terrible names that do not come close to describing the pure, unadulterated evil that makes up this 'hell-spawned' beast. The Camel Spider can grow to the size of a coffee cup saucer , it can run upwards of 5 miles an hour and j ump several feet into the air . That's not the worst part either. The worst part comes when they catch you. (And they will catch you.) Although they are not poisonous, Camel Spiders will inflict a horrible bite. It will jump on you and run up your back until it finds exposed flesh. If you're wearing shorts, it will go for your legs; otherwise it may go all the way up to your face or neck . Its mouth opens four ways to become 4 very sharp fangs. If you are sleeping, i t has been known to eat at your face and rip at the flesh. Don't worry, its saliva will numb the wound almost instantaneously... by destroying the nerve endings. The saliva also inhibits healing. When your nose grows back , it'll be hideously scarred. I honestly believe if these evil creatures were the size of a German Shepard, they would rule the earth!
                                Ron Larson,
                                Pilot
                                Army Missile Command
                                Redstone Arsenal, AL

Hi Daniel,
                                Thank you for the information on Camel Spiders. Actually what happed is my cousin emailed me the "infamous photo" and I was under the impression that one of her GI friends sent it to her, but that was not the case, it is a circulating email. however when I got it I was in awe I'm not a huge fan of spiders in fact they make me very nervous and to see such a picture it really got me, I thought oh my goodness do these spiders really exist and if so can they hurt me? so I started a search one day and found your website and sent it to you so you could sent me more information on the Camel Spider. The only thing I've ever heard about Camel Spiders are those stories from GI's in the Middle East and they all say that the Camel Spider will jump and bite you, you'll never know it however because of the venom has a numbing affect. So being terrified as I was I wanted to get some expert advice, and I tell you what I am glad I went to your website because this is very, very interesting. Thank you and I'm glad you've enjoyed the "infamous photo"
                                Chasity
                                Last edited by AndyLala; 26 September 2007, 12:51.

Comment

Working...
                                X