Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fogging up!!

Hi all, just need some advice on a small problem that is really annoying

When it gets slightly cold outside or rains the truck windows fog up like you would not belive, I have tried everything to stop it. I have cleaned the hell out of the windscreen with good widow cleaner, and used the old newspaper trick but nothing

It just smears it around, and takes nearly 40mins to clear. Any ideas would be great as it is such a small issue but is making me so mad

I don't have any gas in the aircon, this could help?? Also it makes no odd's if I use cold air or hot to clear, windows down or up it's all the same and I sure have tried.

Dean
    "Master you anger, before anger is your master!!"

make sure the fan is set to suck in air from outside if you have it on recirculate (i fhink thats spelled wright lol ) they will steam up
    I HAVE FOUND JESUS he was behind the sofa

Comment

Originally posted by Dean K

When it gets slightly cold outside or rains the truck windows fog up like you would not belive, I have tried everything to stop it. I have cleaned the hell out of the windscreen with good widow cleaner, and used the old newspaper trick but nothing

It just smears it around, and takes nearly 40mins to clear. Any ideas would be great as it is such a small issue but is making me so mad

I don't have any gas in the aircon, this could help?? Also it makes no odd's if I use cold air or hot to clear, windows down or up it's all the same and I sure have tried.

Dean

Does it fog up with the screen heater on ?????

If so heater matrix MAY be on the way out
      www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
        Does it fog up with the screen heater on ?????

If so heater matrix MAY be on the way out
        I do have the button to fresh air, also it is a lot worse when the heater is on

Does this mean that the matrix is knackered? How exactly does it effect it when this happens??

Is it a hard job to fix are we talking big money, sounds like Tony N will be getting some more work

Dean

Comment

Is it wet in the passenger side footwell and have you post any coolant
          www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
            Is it wet in the passenger side footwell and have you post any coolant
            I do lose a very small amount of coolant from time to time, but def not wet in passenger side footwell?

Thanks for your help mate,

Dean

Comment

Oh the joys of a 3rd Gen
              (\__/)
              (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
              (")_(")

Comment

Dean
                had exactly the same,and it turned out to be a leaky rad,the escaping steam came throught the engine bay
                Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Dean, most likely it'll be the white plastic linkages down by the foot rest that are sticking.
                  Ignition on, blowers on, press button for feet blast, get out of truck, look down by foot rest at linkages and at the same time press button for screen demist. You should see the levers move and get stuck half way and you'll be able to 'help' them into position.
                  If they don't move at all, then the operating cable is kinked or broken.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                    Dean, most likely it'll be the white plastic linkages down by the foot rest that are sticking.
                    Ignition on, blowers on, press button for feet blast, get out of truck, look down by foot rest at linkages and at the same time press button for screen demist. You should see the levers move and get stuck half way and you'll be able to 'help' them into position.
                    any fixes for a cable as mine has a kink so i have to leave it on demist otherwise it will never go back on its own!
                    Tim
                    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
                      any fixes for a cable as mine has a kink so i have to leave it on demist otherwise it will never go back on its own!
                      Replacement is the only fix I'm affraid.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                        I agree with the noodle miner. I had this problem too. My heater is now set to permanently blow the screen.

A quick way to demist is turn on the aircon, then adjust the temp control for comfortable temperature. The aircon will take the moisture out of the air.
                        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

I have tried to change it to different settings and this is working fine. I got in this morning and did not put it to heat at all and the truck stayed clear all the way to work, in the car park moved it to heat and it started to mist straight away!!

I have no gas in the aircon at the moment so can't use that idea, looks like it will be a new heat exchange thingy??

Thanks for all your advice,

Dean

Comment

Hi guys, I know I asked about this before!! It has changed slightly now, when I have the air on windscreen with a little heat and on low fan I get what looks like dry ice/smoke coming from the face vents!! I have checked and it is not smoke.

Now this is a cool new mod with halloween coming up , but it does make the cab fog up like hell. I have looked at the engine area and there is nothing that end, does this point to the heater matrix being broken??

Sorry for asking again, Dean

Comment

Hi guys, I know I asked about this before!! It has changed slightly now, when I have the air on windscreen with a little heat and on low fan I get what looks like dry ice/smoke coming from the face vents!! I have checked and it is not smoke.

Now this is a cool new mod with halloween coming up , but it does make the cab fog up like hell. I have looked at the engine area and there is nothing that end, does this point to the heater matrix being broken??

Sorry for asking again, Dean
                              again exactly the same as mine again.it turned out that the rad opened up when hot and closed up again when cooling.this went on until the seam across the top opened right up.since a new rad it has been fine
                              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Working...
                              X