Iotm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iotm

I humbly put myself in the frame for this after putting 50 litres of unleaded in our works diesel van...

(I blame the fact that BP use black hoses for diesel AND petrol, whereas everyone else use green hoses for unleaded!)

I realised as I pulled out the pump at the end of the fill, and didn't drive it so no damage done.

Thankfully, access to the tank filler pipe is easy, and the pipe is at the bottom on the tank so draining shouldn't pose a problem. Guess who's coming back into work tonight... DOH!!!!
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Originally posted by Apache
    I humbly put myself in the frame for this after putting 50 litres of unleaded in our works diesel van...

(I blame the fact that BP use black hoses for diesel AND petrol, whereas everyone else use green hoses for unleaded!)

I realised as I pulled out the pump at the end of the fill, and didn't drive it so no damage done.

Thankfully, access to the tank filler pipe is easy, and the pipe is at the bottom on the tank so draining shouldn't pose a problem. Guess who's coming back into work tonight... DOH!!!!
    Hahahaha, ya numpty, yes bp use the new fangled trial idea of putting writing on them now, fancy that. spose it can be done by anyone
    Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Originally posted by The Lang-Shankit Scunner
      Hahahaha, ya numpty, yes bp use the new fangled trial idea of putting writing on them now, fancy that. spose it can be done by anyone

ahhhh bless him!!!!!!!

(he used to be big in engineering you know)!!!
      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

All that knoledge ...........and he does a numpty

Did it involve Maths
        www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Never mind Andy, it can happen to anyone
          bet that went down well at work, you've only been there a couple of weeks,

thats worse than undoing ya split rims with the air in
          Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

And you work on weapons for our armed forces ?

Do you get to keep the petrol ?

[coming soon]Apache's Veg Thinner[/coming soon]
            Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

betcha didnt use trigonometry to sort that little lot out did ya.what a numpty. never mind mate it happens to the best of us engineers.
              www.overfab.uk

Comment

Cheers lads! Nice to know I can rely on your sympathy...

I got a similar reception at work - an afternoon of p1sstaking!

Didn't drain it tonight as no-one else was working late (lone worker and all that) so I'll do it tomorrow night.

Still, guess they'll end up with a bit of free unleaded each...
                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Being a bit harsh here arent we ??? All this Numpty stuff is totally uncalled for. As was made clear in the thread starter, it was entirely the fault of BP for using the same coloured hoses and for thinking that just writing diesel would be god enough. It used to be so much easier in the old days when you hasd one diesel pump, conveniently marooned miles from the petrol pumps.

Bogus
                    Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus
                      Being a bit harsh here arent we ??? All this Numpty stuff is totally uncalled for. As was made clear in the thread starter, it was entirely the fault of BP for using the same coloured hoses and for thinking that just writing diesel would be god enough. It used to be so much easier in the old days when you hasd one diesel pump, conveniently marooned miles from the petrol pumps.

Bogus

Ahhhhh, the old days, it was always sunny back then.

Comment

and how lllllllloooooooooooooong ago was that

Comment

Originally posted by sledge
                          and how lllllllloooooooooooooong ago was that

The '70s mate, bestest decade.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                            The '70s mate, bestest decade.
                            donn't remember much back then was just being born lol

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus

Bogus
                              no not really andy is a numpty.
                              www.overfab.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X