Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tall vs Small

Had a strange experience last night..

My other half is in hospital this week, I drove her there yesterday in her car and then went on to work.

Coming back last night to visit her I had to drive down part of the A12 around Chelmsford in the evening traffic.
    I do this trip quite often, but now have a new perspective.

Now, normally I'm either sitting up tall on my Suzuki Enduro bike or riding nice and high in my XXL Surf (4" lift and 33" tyres) feeling quite confident and indestructable.

But last night I was in her Ford Puma, I felt like I was sat on the floor, it was scarry, everything looks so much bigger.. very un-nerving, didn't like it..

Getting back in my Surf as soon as I can..

Hi there wish her a qiuck recovery cheers JB
    www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Comment

I know how you feel & it is scarey
      Attached Files
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

Ditto, I've got a big one and a little one, too.
        There are 10 kind of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

'There's no place like 127.0.0.1'

Comment

Marky - How do you rate the little Peugeot?
          Nikki wants to change the Puma for one of those..

Obviously, a popular combination!

update: have had several texts from Nikki today, she had a good night and is on the road to recovery, neither in a Surf or Puma but on a bed with wheels on!

Comment

When i did my pass plus after passing my test, i did some of it in my surf an bits in his fiesta!!

that scared the sh!t outta me!!

Hope everythings ok with your other half mate!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TwoBoard
              Marky - How do you rate the little Peugeot?
              Nikki wants to change the Puma for one of those..

Obviously, a popular combination!

update: have had several texts from Nikki today, she had a good night and is on the road to recovery, neither in a Surf or Puma but on a bed with wheels on!
              The PEUGEOT is a 2.0 Litre Rocket you can also get a 1.6. There was some issues when they 1st came out as the roof leaked but they did a recall & changed the roof seals. Tracy has RED & BLACK Leather Interior.
              The Whole roof folds into the boot just like a TRANSFORMER.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by marky; 25 September 2007, 12:08.
              (\__/)
              (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by TwoBoard
                Had a strange experience last night..

My other half is in hospital this week, I drove her there yesterday in her car and then went on to work.

Coming back last night to visit her I had to drive down part of the A12 around Chelmsford in the evening traffic.
                I do this trip quite often, but now have a new perspective.

Now, normally I'm either sitting up tall on my Suzuki Enduro bike or riding nice and high in my XXL Surf (4" lift and 33" tyres) feeling quite confident and indestructable.

But last night I was in her Ford Puma, I felt like I was sat on the floor, it was scarry, everything looks so much bigger.. very un-nerving, didn't like it..

Getting back in my Surf as soon as I can..
                I used to have both a big un and a small un, we ended up selling the (proper) mini because I used to get scared sh!tless, people never seemed to see me and if they did they didn't care 'cos it was only a small mini.

Bought the missus a BIGGER surf (complete with lift and 16" wheels) problem solved. don't know weather I'll ever go back to small again plus wouldn't get 3 kids with all the baby stuff in a mini!!
                Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

We have lifted Surf and an '04 Celica. You fall out of the Surf, and fall into the Celica!

Comment

The only way to get out of a NOBLE is crawl out
                    Attached Files
                    (\__/)
                    (")_(")

Comment

It does feel strange after driving squeaky around for most of the time, then jumping into the surf. Don't feel un-nerved driving squeaky though as it gives the impression to other motorists "if this gets hit I won't care" So it cans till get respect on the roads. The main difference noticed is there are no squeaks in the surf and a working handbrake
                      Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Yup it feels very different!

My last 3 daily drivers have been a mkii MR2 (low and a very low seating position) Porsche 944 (not mega low but you sit very low in the car, mine sat even lower as it had recaros, and a supra dropped on coilovers (roof was lower then the stock height surf bonnet lol)

I have always had low cars so that was/is the norm for me, what I did notice was:

-Headlights are mega dazzling, any truck/4x4 pretty much blinded me as they headlights were higher then my head, I also got even more annoyed about people with their fog lights on.

-Oxfordshire roads are $$$$ - spent half my life swerving around pot holes and subsided bits of road.

-Corners were fun!

When I first got in my surf I drove pretty slowly as I was not used to body roll and felt seriously unsafe and uncomfortable with body roll, and the softer ride. Now I am used to it and love it! I still have a supra for fun/shows/tracks so drive both so neither feels very odd to me... My old man also drives a left hand drive car so I am used to sitting on the wrong side too!

One other thing I noticed was that my vison field has changed significantly, I keep almost not seeing cars as I am looking over them,, where as before even something like a fiesta would be tall enough to block my vision...

Tall and short! One is easier to clean then the other too!!
                        More Lift.
                        More Tyres.
                        More Engine.

Comment

Daily driving I use the surf, when out working for the delivery company I have a vauxhall corsa 1.7DI gone through a set of tyres already thrashing it round corners and just generally driving lke I shouldn't but have t say the surf maybe slower on the uptake but it is better to drive and you feel safer
                          www.merkinchlnr.org.uk

Comment

I get told off regularly for driving the Puma as if it was a 'go-kart'..

Duh! It is..

Comment

I like to keep my hand in driving class ones in case I ever need to change jobs. I'd had a break for a few years and did some Mallaig to Glasgow runs recently. It did feel really awsome the truck cabs are so much wider and taller now but the technology inside is incredible.

The pulling power breath taking as well as the fuel consumption I scared myself the first couple of day's and then settled down to my old self. Amasing how quick you get out of touch.

But after a couple of days I began to love it.
                              www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Comment

Working...
                              X