No announcement yet.

HMS Victory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been on the Victory AND the USS Enterprise in the same day, the day after the string broke trying to lift the Mary Rose AND my grandpop was involved in sea trials with HMS Hood before she went into service.

Jeez, I hate water!

Comment

Originally posted by AuldNick
      Been on the Victory AND the USS Enterprise in the same day, the day after the string broke trying to lift the Mary Rose AND my grandpop was involved in sea trials with HMS Hood before she went into service.

Jeez, I hate water!
      beam me up scotty

Comment

Well, what a day out that was. Brilliant day out. There is too much to see in one day if you do the place properly. I spent most of the time in HMS Warrior and HMS Victory. It was great to touch the ship that made such a big difference to the history of this country. They also have the barge that carried Nelsons coffin up the Thames there too. Thoroughly recommended!!!

Here's a few pictures I took on my phone.
        Attached Files

Comment

Good day, then!
          Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob

The Historic Dockyard is far more than a days visit - I'm not sure if it's still available but they used to sell a 2 year ticket

Originally posted by M35A2
            Well, what a day out that was. Brilliant day out. There is too much to see in one day if you do the place properly.

Told you so !!!!

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Well, what a day out that was. Brilliant day out. There is too much to see in one day if you do the place properly. I spent most of the time in HMS Warrior and HMS Victory. It was great to touch the ship that made such a big difference to the history of this country. They also have the barge that carried Nelsons coffin up the Thames there too. Thoroughly recommended!!!

Here's a few pictures I took on my phone.
              Did you know the cannon balls were sitting on brass monkeys and when it was too cold the metal would contract allowing the balls to fall off the brass monkeys thus the term cold enough to freeze the balls of a brass monkey.
              www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Comment

Originally posted by Highlander1
                Did you know the cannon balls were sitting on brass monkeys and when it was too cold the metal would contract allowing the balls to fall off the brass monkeys thus the term cold enough to freeze the balls of a brass monkey.

Did you know that the word b0ll0cks is from the twin block & tackle from the ships rigging,
                Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob
                  Did you know that the word b0ll0cks is from the twin block & tackle from the ships rigging,

So where does the term "the dogs boll0cks" come from then??

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
                    Been in Eastenders
                    Was on Hey look thats me, and Noel edmunds house party.
                    Working at last.......

Comment

So where does the term "the dogs boll0cks" come from then??
                      When the ships mascot got caught in the rigging
                      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Working...
                      X