Saggy a*se syndrome?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saggy a*se syndrome?

Hi all, as you may or may not remember ( or care for that matter) this year I had new suspension fitted, with the +20% springs from r/trax, and all seemed well.

Last week I removed my side steps, and noticed the rear end looked a bit low.

So here are some before and after pics of the side step mod, and the rear does look low to me, or is it just tht the front is too high.

If I fitted the L/C80 springs, would that look better ( 3" lift at the rear) and left the front as is ( maybe fit some bj spacers)

Oh, and does it look better without the running boards or not?

What do you all think?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by plumb bob; 23 September 2007, 13:56.
    Rob

Still working for the man!

Without, definately.
    Still Searching,
    Dick Whittington

Comment

side steps off! 100% improvement!

now... honestly i dont think its that bad, the rear arch is lower on a surf anyway so it can really throw you out when looking for the S.A.S!

If im lying... that a$$ is sagging! Get yourself some LC springs an some BJspacers!! Muahahaha

lift it! you know you want too.....

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob
        Hi all, as you may or may not remember ( or care for that matter) this year I had new suspension fitted, with the +20% springs from r/trax, and all seemed well.

So here are some before and after pics of the side step mod, and the rear does look low to me, or is it just tht the front is too high.

If I fitted the L/C80 springs, would that look better ( 3" lift at the rear) and left the front as is ( maybe fit some bj spacers)

What do you all think?
        I think actually it does look better without side steps, and i didnt think it would, might even take mine off now. The photo from side does make it look a bit low, but the one from front looks fine. Straight anyway. Although it would look fantastic with another coupl o inches on the rear. Rim to wheel arch stock height is 13.5 inches on the front, any more than 15 inches and thats too much for your cv's (so im told).
        Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Originally posted by The Lang-Shankit Scunner
          I think actually it does look better without side steps, and i didnt think it would, might even take mine off now. The photo from side does make it look a bit low, but the one from front looks fine. Straight anyway. Although it would look fantastic with another coupl o inches on the rear. Rim to wheel arch stock height is 13.5 inches on the front, any more than 15 inches and thats too much for your cv's (so im told).

Is that on a widebody model? The archs sit lower on the widebody then the stock wings on a narrow body.. i think

Comment

they always look better with the steps removed.as for the sas.i wouldnt say it looks as though you have a saggy bottom.but if you fitted the h/d lc springs and played around with the front torsion bars added bj spacers and a diff drop kit.it will look better still.
            www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
              Is that on a widebody model? The archs sit lower on the widebody then the stock wings on a narrow body.. i think
              Aye thats widebody (so i was told)
              Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

So do you think i should remove my sidesteps?

Hang on ill post a pic
                Last edited by The Lang-Shankit Scunner; 23 September 2007, 14:16.
                Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob

What do you all think?
                  I think it looks far more impressive without the side steps. Although, I find it difficult to get in without them and have to kinda throw myself onto the seat. That was in a crew cab hilux pickup.

Jacqueline

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein
                    they always look better with the steps removed.as for the sas.i wouldnt say it looks as though you have a saggy bottom.but if you fitted the h/d lc springs and played around with the front torsion bars added bj spacers and a diff drop kit.it will look better still.

I hope it ain't sagging, as the springs are basically new.

As far as the LC springs etc go, I would need various mods to get that done, longer shocks/brake lines etc, and my shocks were new at the same time as the springs.

I would like to do body and sus lift at some point, but that maybe next year when ( hopefully) the finances are better.

I thought about coil spacers, but they cost as much as new springs, so I don't see the point.

Agreed, I like it without the side steps, looks less towny, if you know what I mean.
                    Rob

Comment

Hang on ill post a pic

Ive got mine off an they aint going back on!!!

get out there now with your socket set!

Comment

Hang on ill post a pic
                        yea get em off!!!ahem the steps i mean.
                        www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by jax
                          I think it looks far more impressive without the side steps. Although, I find it difficult to get in without them and have to kinda throw myself onto the seat. That was in a crew cab hilux pickup.

Jacqueline

Ooh, I like the word "impressive" ( I don't hear that very often )

PS: carry a 10 ltr paint tin to use as a step up.
                          Rob

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
                            Ive got mine off an they aint going back on!!!

get out there now with your socket set!

Post a piccy then.
                            Rob

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein
                              yea get em off!!!ahem the steps i mean.
                              My wifes gonna hate that! Ill have to get her some foldy steps
                              Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Working...
                              X