What tools in the truck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What tools in the truck?

Whilst populating my new tool chest today, and sorting my tools out, I have found I have several sets of most tools etc, so I've started making up a toolbox to keep in the truck when offroading (AA can sort it on the road, thats what I pay them for!)

So far, I have a full set of spanners from 6mm to 24mm, an adjustable, a selection of screwdrivers, a set of allen keys 1mm to 10mm, a pair of longnose pliers, a pair of side cutters, a hammer, some insulation tape, a selection of bungees and a ball of string.

What other 'essesntials' would the esteemed readership recommend, including small spares?

I dont want to take the entire contents of the shed, but it would be useful to at least have a chance at fixing if I break stuff!
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Originally posted by Apache
    Whilst populating my new tool chest today, and sorting my tools out, I have found I have several sets of most tools etc, so I've started making up a toolbox to keep in the truck when offroading (AA can sort it on the road, thats what I pay them for!)

So far, I have a full set of spanners from 6mm to 24mm, an adjustable, a selection of screwdrivers, a set of allen keys 1mm to 10mm, a pair of longnose pliers, a pair of side cutters, a hammer, some insulation tape, a selection of bungees and a ball of string.

What other 'essesntials' would the esteemed readership recommend, including small spares?

I dont want to take the entire contents of the shed, but it would be useful to at least have a chance at fixing if I break stuff!
    a cuddly toy, a toaster and a set of sliding doors!

seriuosly spare oil and fuel filters

and personally will now not go anywhere without ammeter
    Last edited by gwh200; 22 September 2007, 21:28.
    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

3/8 socket set
      www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Cable ties !
        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

cable ties , spare wire , electric: joiners
          Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

I would go for 12 inches of each size of coolant hose, and some short pieces of copper pipe the same size with jubilee clips, burst hose can be repaired with copper by cutting hose at point of split and shoving it in and clippin it, with some spare rubber for the really bad bits. I always keep some with me because of the tesco carpark incident (peeing out).
            Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

7mm 8mm 10mm 12mm 14mm 17mm 19mm spanners and sockets, flat head and philips screw drivers, Parrot beak pliers, a length of wire, insulation tape, a pencil and something to lie on if it's wet.

Comment

rubber chicken .......For you know who
                www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                  7mm 8mm 10mm 12mm 14mm 17mm 19mm spanners and sockets, flat head and philips screw drivers, Parrot beak pliers, a length of wire, insulation tape, a pencil and something to lie on if it's wet.
                  what the pencil vince ????
                  Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by joker??

You can make a bright light out of a pencil's lead (graphite)

Comment

Plus WD40 and duck tape

Comment

Originally posted by joker??

As it happens, there's a few vid on youtube about it......

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_X2OKEpBz5s

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                          As it happens, there's a few vid on youtube about it......

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_X2OKEpBz5s
                          Flippin excellent idea mate. Although it sounds expensive
                          Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

The usual spare top up fluids,

rad cap & thermostat

Spool of 1mm wire

Selection of fuses & bulbs

Hand wipes (heavy duty)& paper towels

Tow rope etc ( ie a bag of recovery gear for off road use)
                            Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by The Lang-Shankit Scunner
                              Flippin excellent idea mate. Although it sounds expensive

Where d'you buy your pencils then?

Comment

Working...
                              X