I saved thousands today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I saved thousands today!

hmmm, I replied to a thread on here a few days ago about what car would you have if you didn't have the Surf - I said I'd have a Vauxhall Monaro. Well I'd been toying with the idea of checking one out, maybe even arranging a test drive if I liked it enough. Today I went to check one out (only 250 miles on the clock!)... but I never got as far as a test drive cos I couldn't physically fit Dexters baby seat into the back of the car - let alone strap it in lol.

So technically I've saved £27K today and the Surf stays
    Real trucks don't have spark plugs

For £27k you can have my TJM bumper to make your surf perfect!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
      For £27k you can have my TJM bumper to make your surf perfect!!!

You have a TJM bumper?

What's it look like?

Is it for sale?

If not, where did you get it?

I think that's all
      Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob
        You have a TJM bumper?

What's it look like?

Is it for sale?

If not, where did you get it?

I think that's all

I do have a TJM Bumper,

it looks like this ...

Its not for sale unless my new insurance company want to rape me over it!!!

I got it 2nd hand for £100 off a bloke in southampton

Comment

Very nice and a very good price.

I've been looking at the ARB bumpers, so looks like the TJM is very similar,
          I'll keep an eye out for one,

Cheers

Robert
          Rob

Comment

I do have a TJM Bumper,

it looks like this ...

Its not for sale unless my new insurance company want to rape me over it!!!

I got it 2nd hand for £100 off a bloke in southampton
            I want one of those... How much are they new???
            SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

From US, about $500 + shipping + the VAT when it gets here
              Rob

Comment

There is a uk company that do ARB bumpers for £600.

cant remember the name though!!

But they are all mega money... i wouldnt have got one for £600.. no way!

You can import one from the USA or Aus, but be prepaired for a kick in the balls on cost!

say its $500 for the bumper, your going to be looking at like £200 for shipping at a MINIMUM!!! an then import tax at around 20% i think an then Vat at 17.5% on top of it all... serious wonga!! + a winch = empty wallet!

Comment

There is a uk company that do ARB bumpers for £600.

cant remember the name though!!

But they are all mega money... i wouldnt have got one for £600.. no way!

You can import one from the USA or Aus, but be prepaired for a kick in the balls on cost!

say its $500 for the bumper, your going to be looking at like £200 for shipping at a MINIMUM!!! an then import tax at around 20% i think an then Vat at 17.5% on top of it all... serious wonga!! + a winch = empty wallet!

Taking all that into account, then I gotta decide on black metal, or polished aluminium, decisions, decisions.

Ps;

I think Tony N will be selling and possibly fitting ARB "safety" bumpers in the not too distant future.
                  Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop
                    hmmm, I replied to a thread on here a few days ago about what car would you have if you didn't have the Surf - I said I'd have a Vauxhall Monaro. Well I'd been toying with the idea of checking one out, maybe even arranging a test drive if I liked it enough. Today I went to check one out (only 250 miles on the clock!)... but I never got as far as a test drive cos I couldn't physically fit Dexters baby seat into the back of the car - let alone strap it in lol.

You can give me 10K & still save money & you'll feel happy for helping a SURF Member in need of Financial help
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob
                      Taking all that into account, then I gotta decide on black metal, or polished aluminium, decisions, decisions.

Ps;

I think Tony N will be selling and possibly fitting ARB "safety" bumpers in the not too distant future.

good luck choosing if you want black or polished!! They both look awesome!!

I think black on black looks nice, other might say that polished would have kept the chrome theme on the truck! But either way... they look awesome!

When my lifts on an ive got the machos on the truck is gunna sit high an wide.. an that bumper is gunna do nothin but highlight all those amazing points

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop View Post

Old I know, but if you had taken it for a test drive, that would have been it - you would have found a way to fit that seat in. Trust me.
                        Ironically, I said if I was to sell my Monaro, I'd buy a Surf - which I've done!
                        "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                        www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Working...
                        X