Clear All

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
    For model steam engines.
    ah well thought
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy
      none of that is thick enough. needs to be about 4mm or 5mm
      Thats going to cost a bit then! The commodity price of copper is really high at the moment.

What you making, a plating bath?

Comment

im making one of these:::-

just kidding, its actually a cold plate to dissepate heat to a wider surface area, so that it can be moved away more efficiently
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy
          im making one of these:::-

just kidding, its actually a cold plate to dissepate heat to a wider surface area, so that it can be moved away more efficiently
          Surely you will need more than 2" by 2" to protect a 2.4 head ?
          Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Here you are, type this into e-bay....220145601752.....

Thats my good deed for today, I'm off to the workshop now!

Comment

Im an ex metal worker. The thickness you want works out at just over 4 -5mm which you wouldnt get machined down to this thickness. Polishing then would also distort the copper if you wanted it mirror finished.

Your only option is to go for a sheet but then again something this thin you would struggle with keeping it perfectly flat.

When the sheet is cut my a guiloteen the blade only cuts into the top 1/3rd of the sheet and the other 2/3rds brake through the force (it tears in efect) so this would also make the edges not perfectly flat.

How flat do you call flat? What are the tollerences on thickness as you may have to go for the nearest SWG thickness.

My mate is a foreman at a HUGE fabrication shop so depending on your tollerences he may be able to help.
              Last edited by max6674; 21 September 2007, 14:16.
              -=I swear to drunk I'm not god=-

Comment

Nice work Vince.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....m=220145601752

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by max6674
                  Im an ex metal worker. The thickness you want works out at just over 0.5mm
                  5.8mm actually.

Nev

Comment

needs to be quite flat, most people sand down to 1200 grit, and then use some sort of polish to get all the fine marks out

i actually ordered 0.1875" thick, 2" by 2" at $64.76 (extortionate cos of postage)

thanks for your detective work

so as long as i can cancel my order, hopefully not a problem because they are 5 hours behind so probably havnt made it yet.

its for my computer, to sit on top of the cpu. im making some mad cooling set up
                    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
                    X