We're back.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're back.

I have been getting settled in to UK life (!) and I don’t have (my own) internet connection at home yet. Before we came back we completed a 21 day safari from Nairobi to Zimbabwe via SA, predominantly in 4th gear (I had the gearbox pulled but noone can find out the problem so I just nursed it for about 9000km), and we managed to fit in some of those great places you see on National Geographic.

The vehicle is parked up at the Meikles hotel in Harare where I hope to find it at Christmas. Before I left I had been running a moderately successful 4x4 safari business and currently have a Surf on my books that will be available in mid-November. So if anyone fancies a safari (or even just a beer and a chat) pull into our place in Coventry and we'll see what we can sort out.
    @africa4x4cafe
    [url]www.africa4x4cafe.com[/url]

Originally posted by bundubasher
    I have been getting settled in to UK life (!) and I don’t have (my own) internet connection at home yet. Before we came back we completed a 21 day safari from Nairobi to Zimbabwe via SA, predominantly in 4th gear (I had the gearbox pulled but noone can find out the problem so I just nursed it for about 9000km), and we managed to fit in some of those great places you see on National Geographic.

The vehicle is parked up at the Meikles hotel in Harare where I hope to find it at Christmas. Before I left I had been running a moderately successful 4x4 safari business and currently have a Surf on my books that will be available in mid-November. So if anyone fancies a safari (or even just a beer and a chat) pull into our place in Coventry and we'll see what we can sort out.
    Welcome back Enzo.It's certainly a bit cooler over here ain't it
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Thank you! Yes it is rather, though not as bad as I expected! Probably Cornwall bound at halfterm so I try and pull in. Currently piggy backing someone else's wireless network! So may be a bit hit and miss for a week or so. Anyway, thanks again for the welcome!
      @africa4x4cafe

Comment

Originally posted by bundubasher
        Thank you! Yes it is rather, though not as bad as I expected! Probably Cornwall bound at halfterm so I try and pull in. Currently piggy backing someone else's wireless network! So may be a bit hit and miss for a week or so. Anyway, thanks again for the welcome!
        yea give us a shout when your down and we'll arrange a meet up
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

glad you got back and sorted ok
          Tim
          Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Hi Enzo,

Welcome to the cold!

How long before you're pining for the fjords, eh?????? (Well, savannah, anyway)
            Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

It's not that cold, or rather I should say that Nairobi wasn't all that hot! Average about 23 degrees.

Zim wasn't bad - it's winter that side - problem was no water or electricity at home and no legal deisel in the pumps, but if you've got forex, esp. US, you can make a plan.

All the reports that have been on the ITV news at 10 is all true - the povo are really having a tough time there now. In fact we got a call last night saying that our house in Bulawayo had been broken into and all the pots & pans stolen (?) but they left the TV. No it is hard there now.
              @africa4x4cafe

Comment

Working...
              X