anyone want some marmite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone want some marmite

i finally got round to a basic service on the surf today as i dont know when it was last done (if ever), ive changed oil, oil filter, fuel filter, and fitted a universal cone air filter, and ive disconnected the EGR valve
    and when i removed the sump plug im not joking it took about 3 seconds for the gloop to start coming out , it looks like the previous owners couldnt be bothered to put oil in the surf and used marmite instead. I have never seen such thick black gloop in my whole life,
    and i swear the engine let out a big sigh of relief afterwards ,
    the plan for tomorrow is to flush out the water system and refill it with new coolant and fresh water, then pop up to kingswinford tyres for them to make me a new backbox as mine is none existant past the rear axle, then bring on saturday when myself and a mate with a pajero are going for a little excursion to the Clee hills so i can finally try to get the thing muddy
    PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Originally posted by animal
    i finally got round to a basic service on the surf today as i dont know when it was last done (if ever), ive changed oil, oil filter, fuel filter, and fitted a universal cone air filter, and ive disconnected the EGR valve
    and when i removed the sump plug im not joking it took about 3 seconds for the gloop to start coming out , it looks like the previous owners couldnt be bothered to put oil in the surf and used marmite instead. I have never seen such thick black gloop in my whole life,
    the plan for tomorrow is to flush out the water system and refill it with new coolant and fresh water, then pop up to kingswinford tyres for them to make me a new backbox as mine is none existant past the rear axle, then bring on saturday when myself and a mate with a pajero are going for a little excursion to the Clee hills so i can finally try to get the thing muddy
    you don't really need to have the rear box on it.I would just get a tail pipe made up without the box and have exit behind the rear wheel
    like this.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by animal
      sounds like a plan,just make syre you get (im sure it is) about 8 litres of coolant in otherwise you have an airlock(and possible disaster

have a grand time in the mud
      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

its only the last metre thats missing, so im just having a straight through pipe fitted from the rear axle back, and as youve said it will exit just behind the back wheels

Comment

If your oil was that bad, I'd run it for a few miles, and change it again.

Maybe use a thinner oil as a flushing agent, but avoid the engine flush treatment as this may cause more problems than it solves.

Deffo change the oil again soon though.
          Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Are you planning to leave the Paj in the hills?

Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

yup were going to let the paj run free

and im going to run the surf for about a couple of weeks then change the oil again just to be sure its all good

Comment

Last oil change I did I drained the old stuff, ran it for an hour or so with the cheapest oil I could find, drained it again and then refilled with fresh.

Where are you laning round Clee Hill? Not that far from me, so I'd be interested to know!
                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

as far as i know we are just heading up to the dhustone which is just off the main clee hills, just going for a bit of basic off the road (hopefully muddy) driving, we will be heading up there saturday afternoon.
                  then next month we are going to head out to toms farm in wales for the day but not sure when yet

Comment

Working...
                  X