The Wild Gourmets??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Wild Gourmets??

Hi all did anyone see this programme last night on Ch4 at 20.30hrs? Apart from being a very interesting programme, the first thing they did was tell us that their land rover 110 (I know a landrover, but stay with me on this!!) was being run with cooking oil.

With that said they took some stright out of the bottle and poured it in the tank!! It was only a few weeks ago on the BBC2 Vine radio show they stated that this was illegal, as we all know it's not and it's good for the veggie 4x4's out there showing the public that this is the case and very green.

This has my support as a shooter and 4x4 owner and I will be watching this every Tues eve.

Dean
    "Master you anger, before anger is your master!!"

What did they COOK then
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
      What did they COOK then
      Mussles fresh from the sea, pigeon and rabbit that they shot!!

The only odd thing is the bloke does like to take his shorts off, very odd!!

Dean

Comment

Great show ..............Following in the footsteps of Hugh
        www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Did they do any MUSHROOMS
          (\__/)
          (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
            Did they do any MUSHROOMS
            Yes mate they found and used some steak mushrooms that grow on old oak trees, even used the ones they did not want to barter with locals for produce!! As if that would normally work without a film crew behind you??

Dean

Comment

MAGIC!
              (\__/)
              (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by Dean K
                Yes mate they found and used some steak mushrooms that grow on old oak trees, even used the ones they did not want to barter with locals for produce!! As if that would normally work without a film crew behind you??

Dean
                Hehe........you're using one one of my old avitars
                www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Hi all did anyone see this programme last night on Ch4 at 20.30hrs? Apart from being a very interesting programme, the first thing they did was tell us that their land rover 110 (I know a landrover, but stay with me on this!!) was being run with cooking oil.

With that said they took some stright out of the bottle and poured it in the tank!! It was only a few weeks ago on the BBC2 Vine radio show they stated that this was illegal, as we all know it's not and it's good for the veggie 4x4's out there showing the public that this is the case and very green.

This has my support as a shooter and 4x4 owner and I will be watching this every Tues eve.

Dean
                  Yes, I thought it was a great programme. I did think she was a bit woosie about killing the snail though. I am a shooter as well and liked the way they cooked the rabbit and pigeon (from someone thats cooked a shot pigeon in an old dog dish their way looks much better!) I live off the land as part of life (beef, lamb, fish, game, veggies, brambles, rasps, mushrooms and other delights of the countryside) and think there should be more programmes like this to show people that you can survive without a supermarket. Oh, and I loved the bit when he showed off his bum.

Jacqueline

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
                    Hehe........you're using one one of my old avitars
                    Could not resist it when I spotted it, made me laugh out loud a little!! Where did you get your BTB? My son always starts to sing the title when he see's him, lucky he's under 2 so does not get it all!!

Dean

Comment

Could not resist it when I spotted it, made me laugh out loud a little!! Where did you get your BTB? My son always starts to sing the title when he see's him, lucky he's under 2 so does not get it all!!

Dean
                      Surfenstein
                      www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Working...
                      X