She is home!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She is home!

Yes she is finally home with me where she belongs....my surf that is. I had bought my surf down near norwich while I was working there, so i had two cars and one driver (me). She had been sat for a while before i finally gave her the long trip back to doncaster....but not before struggling to get insured on a 3 door!!! But Tesco did it for 600 quid - not too bad to say i'm only 24! But thats a little lie really, got my missus who is 25 to do it and me as second driver with 700 excess on my head lol. Tell you what though people, I took it round some corners quick and felt a little scared, i'm used to driving my 2.8 V6 4wd petrol VW Golf round corners quick, how stupid was I. But i corrected the back end and carried on with my heart going as fast as the rev's. But now I am back home with her, needing a new tyre as the tracking looks well off as the front driver wheel looks angeled in slightly? Is this just tracking or do i fear something worse? Got her booked in tomorrow at D&D's (recomended by Animal I think) 80 quid for tracking, tyre, and to swap my slightly worn one for my spare which is in bad condition, but not bad price for that I think.
    I am off to Mansfield this weekend, my cousin goes motor crossing down there and he said there is also loads of off roaders, so going to give it a chance at getting dirty.
    I'll stop now as i am sure you read this all word for word lol
    P.s - i have just donated some money to the site - does this mean i cn change my avatar and things - plus i want one of those stickers with my name on it lol
    Speak to you all soon
    Smiler

i had to get 2 new tyres friday b4 last and get my tracking done at a total cost of £200 and the tracking was 35mm out so yours should be ok once the tracking is sorted.Both of my front wheels were pointing in and swcreaching as if i was wheel spinning down the road,thats when you know the tracking is along way out.....lol.
    Enjoy the truck and dont 4get to get the pics up
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Yeh Its squeeking alot round the round about lol. I so want to get pictures on, but it seems to say my pictures are too big.....hoe do i get them on so they dont need downloading, so when you click on the thread they come up auto ???

Comment

When they do the tracking, get them to physically check the track rods (all 4) and the ball joints and particulaly the steering idler, as excessive wear on any of these components will make the adjustment of the tracking pointless.
        Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by Smiler
          Yeh Its squeeking alot round the round about lol. I so want to get pictures on, but it seems to say my pictures are too big.....hoe do i get them on so they dont need downloading, so when you click on the thread they come up auto ???
          if you register free on photobucket you can download your pics to there and then cut and paste the img tag under each pic to here and you will get something like this up
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Thats noted plumb bob thankyou

Comment

wots the genral fitting rate per tyre for a surf?? ive been told a tenner a tyre with balance valve an fitting.. is that about right or wot????
              CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

Slim, i got it for 9 quid to change tyre, 13 quid for tracking.......but couldnt get it tracked due to me needing new link bars????? what are they? oh and 58 quid for tyre

Comment

Slim, i got it for 9 quid to change tyre, 13 quid for tracking.......but couldnt get it tracked due to me needing new link bars????? what are they? oh and 58 quid for tyre
                  there colway machos, £51 each then £10 for fitting per tyre...
                  CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

I get mine done for a FIVER but i know the Guy.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                    (")_(")

Comment

I think they mean your track rods, a full set ain't cheap, but nor is constant replacement of front tyres.
                      Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Working...
                      X