XC70 advert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XC70 advert

The hill descent control goes nice and slow...

Hahaha! Some feckin creative camera angles there!
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Talking of Hill Descent, no doubt that is technology put in Ford's parts bin by LR, now LR are being flogged off will Volvo be allowed to use it still ?
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

A brave move by Volvo, considering the anti 4x4 lobby.
      Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

The anti-4x4 mob are played out I think. I've had loads of people ask me about using veg oil, and always point out that it makes my 14 year old 4x4 greener than buying a new Toyota 'Pious'.

Lets face it, a properly serviced car, made with materials 14 years ago, and still going (thus not using fresh resources) AND utilising a near carbon neutral fuel CANNOT be argued to be BAAAAAAD-MAAAAAN by anyone but a loony who no-one listens to.

They're cocks, and have already moved on to blaming air travel for all the worlds ills, whilst conveniently forgetting the benefits in trade and help for the 3rd world that air transport brings. Simplistic w@nkers. Always have been. Always will be.

Comment

Im a 100% with you on that Apache,

People always forget the details, plus in using veg oil... for the first time in years, british farmers have a crop they can make an sell for a decent profit.. what with all the prices either going up or due to go up.

I was talking to a guy who owns a dodge ram, He said for everyone that turns there head an says "wow" you get the same number shouting "why do you need that you pr*ck"

The basic summery of what he told me, is that you have to 100% up on knowledge of your truck, so if you do encounter situations like that you can get out of them. he runs his ram on LPG so its as clean as it can get.

Ive been lucky, everyone whos said anything about my truck has always commented on how awesome it is, rather then how evil i am!

Comment

Every time I see a xc70 hear about it one thing always comes to mindand thats the Mac Challenge????

There was one of then on it this year and on the second day during the brecon stage it died. As most of us were waiting our turn to start there was a message over the radio that went somthing like this.

" I hit the water Dave and the blo*dy thing went BANG "

It would appear the Volvo went into a fairly shallow puddle and didnt like it.

Exit 1 volvo xc70. (or was it a xc90 I can never remember they all look the same to me)
            If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Probably an XC90. Is the XC70 a new (smaller) model?

Comment

yeah it was an XC90 - still the story was good :P
                Tim
                Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Working...
                X