More bl00dy trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More bl00dy trouble

Just been called to the stables to collect the kids, as Paddy ( our horse) has got collick, and just as I was leaving the transprot arrived to take him to the horsepital, so lets hope the vets get him sorted.
    Last edited by plumb bob; 16 September 2007, 19:23.
    Rob

Still working for the man!

Originally posted by plumb bob
    Just been called to the stables to collect the kids, as Paddy ( our horse) has got collick, and just as I was leaving the transprot arrived to take him to the horsepital, so lets hope the vets get him sorted.

Hope Paddy's going to be OK Rob - keep us posted mate!
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Thanks Andrew, the vet was called a couple of hours ago and diagnosed the collick, and various things were tried, and didn't work, so he was given pain killers and the vet decided he needed to be addmitted to the equine hospital, which becomes a fete of logistics on a sunday evening, and not to mention the cost, although hopefully insurance will take care of most of that.

I'll keep you all informed.
      Rob

Comment

Hope he's ok Bob, i can imagine it's a bit of a poser getting him to a hosepital, do they come and get him or do you have to transport him yourselfs? it's certainly not like takeing the chinchilla in a box is it.
        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE
          Hope he's ok Bob, i can imagine it's a bit of a poser getting him to a hosepital, do they come and get him or do you have to transport him yourselfs? it's certainly not like takeing the chinchilla in a box is it.

I think one of the people at the yard organised a horsebox, which arrived as I was leaving, the problem is trying to keep the horse on it's feet until they get it to the hospital, as they tend to want to lay down, and then it's a real problem.

AFAIK he's on his way, but it's an hour and a half away, so Ill await the phonecall later on his progress.

Meanwhile, I've got to go walk the dog, so I'll be back in an hour or so.
          Rob

Comment

I bet thats a Logistical nightmare GOOD LUCK Mate.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
            (")_(")

Comment

Well, the latest is that they are keeping him in for observation, and whatever other stuff they do or drugs they give, so we are still really none the wiser at this stage, well keep fingers crossed.
              Rob

Comment

Well, the latest is that they are keeping him in for observation, and whatever other stuff they do or drugs they give, so we are still really none the wiser at this stage, well keep fingers crossed.
                Hi

Hows Paddy?

Been here meself a few years ago - not a good situation, hopefully you caught it b4 any damage was done. Fingers crossed.
                How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

Where's Plumb bob and how's Paddy???

Gettin' worried now

Comment

Hope he's ok Plumb Bob!!

We got called out last winter on a foggy Sunday night to take a pony to the vet horspital with bad colic, it's not much fun finding transport at that hour on a weekend.

Having lost one to Colic myself I know what a worry it is - really hope yours is ok!!
                    Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
                      Hope he's ok Plumb Bob!!

We got called out last winter on a foggy Sunday night to take a pony to the vet horspital with bad colic, it's not much fun finding transport at that hour on a weekend.

Having lost one to Colic myself I know what a worry it is - really hope yours is ok!!
                      Aint nice is it - had to listen to mine bounce off he walls b4 the vet got there. Couldn't get anywhere near him coz he was in that much pain. Vet was too late. Funny thing was the yard gaurd dog stood by his stable and howled, un be known to me (too traumatic to be too close) he had died. Very strange. Now I m paranoid about losin' this one to it. Not good.

Comment

Well, paddy is back from the horsepital, and seems to be ok, with no ill effects.

He's been put on a diet consisting of less grass ( as this maybe partially to blame) and we're keping an eye on him, but he seems OK.

Thank you all for your concern,

Sorry I didn't post sooner, but I was woking (and staying) in London.

Robert
                        Rob

Comment

Im glad the Horse is doing ok mate
                          Those HORSEPITALS are really good
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                          (")_(")

Comment

Well, paddy is back from the horsepital, and seems to be ok, with no ill effects.

He's been put on a diet consisting of less grass ( as this maybe partially to blame) and we're keping an eye on him, but he seems OK.

Thank you all for your concern,

Sorry I didn't post sooner, but I was woking (and staying) in London.

Robert
                            Ooooo huge sigh of relief - glad Paddy is ok. Was gettin worried back there. Not sure about the less grass bit as an empty stomach is worse but the vet must know what they are talikn' about.

Comment

I take it colic in horses isn't the same as colic in kids? A dose of Calpol usually sorts em out. I guess you'd need rather a lot of calpol for a horse!
                              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
                              X