Break Down Cover?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Break Down Cover?

Anyone know who's got the best offer on break down & recovery home?

That time of year 2 car taxes and both need renewed cover for breakdown

What's the best price you've got or been quoted?

Thanks
    Mark

Originally posted by madcampbell
    Anyone know who's got the best offer on break down & recovery home?

That time of year 2 car taxes and both need renewed cover for breakdown

What's the best price you've got or been quoted?

Thanks
    Mark
    I pay £94 joint membership (me and wife) this cover is for any vehicle we travel in. which helps with three cars and two m/cycles. Thats with the AA. option 3 if they cant fix it they take you home or to a garage of your choice.
    Used them twice and they turned up within 30 mins.
    Trust your Hound.

Comment

Maybe this will help...
      Clicky

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
        Maybe this will help...
        Clicky
        That's what I've got, the recommended pay and claim Autoaid. £32 which covers my 2 cars, motorbike and the wife's car!
        Wax on, wax off

Comment

Thanks for the links

? Am I right in thinking the £32 option works by you calling them up they charge you whatever it costs to recover you then you claim this back off the company.. is that right. So If I broke down in Cornwall it would cost me a few hundred to be recovered back home to Maidenhead, then have to wait a few weeks to get the cash back. This sounded good till I thought that because if your on a limited budget (Like me) then you will spend all the money you have in reserve to get you home then none left over for repairs till they pay you back.

Am I right on how the cover works
          ?

Thanks
          Mark

Comment

we just had to join before we went to rtts, (last time neil went off roading in salisbury, the clutch went and we had to pay about £250 to get him and the kids home but that was a bank holiday!)

we went for the highest package with RAC (it must be good or neil would have looked somewhere else!)

£108.00 special on line deal, might be worth a look!
            GO TEAM SLEDGE

Comment

Originally posted by Dori
              we just had to join before we went to rtts, (last time neil went off roading in salisbury, the clutch went and we had to pay about £250 to get him and the kids home but that was a bank holiday!)

we went for the highest package with RAC (it must be good or neil would have looked somewhere else!)

Yes, I think I wil stick to RAC or AA as paying out £250 to get home is not an option just though I see what others do.

Cheers
              Mark

Comment

I am with Geen Flag which costs £65 for comprehensive cover.

Comment

rac

Originally posted by Dori

RAC is ok if you do not want recovering in your surf. We were on out way home from Gt yarmouth yesterday when the surf overheated and the fann couldn't cool her down. call centre could find me with mobile signal, not strong enough, do not use gps position details [£130 wasted on $$$$$$ sat nav], told them to please recover vehicle as not risking driving it the hour home, also had caravan on back. so they send the patrol transit after an hour takes one look at surf and says "you need a recovery truck i can't tow you". 2 1/2 hours total for the poxy truck i asked for in the first place. which driver said was only 30 mins away anyway. right, feel better now! sorry for the rant, any ideas on other breakdown companies?

Comment

Originally posted by alisonb
                    RAC is ok if you do not want recovering in your surf. We were on out way home from Gt yarmouth yesterday when the surf overheated and the fann couldn't cool her down. call centre could find me with mobile signal, not strong enough, do not use gps position details [£130 wasted on $$$$$$ sat nav], told them to please recover vehicle as not risking driving it the hour home, also had caravan on back. so they send the patrol transit after an hour takes one look at surf and says "you need a recovery truck i can't tow you". 2 1/2 hours total for the poxy truck i asked for in the first place. which driver said was only 30 mins away anyway. right, feel better now! sorry for the rant, any ideas on other breakdown companies?
                    That's a bit of a scunner

I started with RAC in 1982 and have never gone anywhere else used them loads of times and never had any problems.

Once was towing a Rolls Royce restoration project with my old 1959 LandRover when the wheel came off the trailer. They were there and took trailer and Rolls home for me no problems I followed in me old land Rover.

Iv'e used them recently when I broke dowm in West Highlands and they took the Surf to Sevos without batting an eye.

When there was a busy spell one summer they did take 1 1/2 hours to recover my old transit.

AA have always been the slowest in general to recover RTA cars from the road side in my experience and if you go into a ditch they will not recover you.

You have to get a tow company to get you out of the ditch which you insurance payes for ten AA will step in taking you from one county to the other in relay fasion.

Well that's the way it was at one time maybe they have improved.

I'll stick with RAC better the devil you know. They also do brilliant European coverage.
                    I should be on Commission
                    www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Comment

Been with the AA since 1988!!! Had some quick recoverys, and so long arsed waits as well, but they've never failed to get me home, no matter what state the truck has been in.

Last night my nieghbour broke down at Gatwick, I went up to see him, but it was terminal, he wasn't in any recovery services, and RAC and AA where pushing £200 to join while broken down, but fair play to the AA, I gave them my membership number, told them the score (not my car, only popped up to help, etc) and that I wouldn't be there when they got there and left my card with him and buggered off home. They recovered him no hassle, which is pretty good service in my book.

They are also good at believing you when you say there is no point sending a patrol, just get a flat bed truck!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I'm with AA. My Surf and Vicki's Polo both covered for about £90 a year. They've recovered me twice. Once my MR2 after an engine blow-up in the M62 and once in my Alfa after a stupidly huge speedhump took out my sump - and no, the car hadn't been lowered! Been out to me and reset my immobiliser (also on the Alfa)

Vicki's used them a couple of times when a bad battery let her down.

Got there within half an hour or so every time, and no messing.
                        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                          broke down at Gatwick, I went up to see him, but it was terminal,
                          HARDEEHAR!!!
                          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

i work for all of the clubs if u want some advice??

Comment

Working...
                            X