our very own hudini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• our very own hudini

On thursday just as we were getting our things ready for rtts, we had a call from the local pdsa, we have picked up your husky and she is being held at the civic offices, you have to pay £42 to collect her! Over the weekend, while my mum was child minding and dog sitting, she has escaped many times but was caught fairly quickly. Since we have been home, she has opened both our back doors and escaped, disappeared through the hedge and escaped (numerous times), ripped a whole in the fence and disappeared, opened our back gates (double steel gates) and escaped and last night she escaped through an open window in the living room, all the time our northern inuit (Shadow) had followed her! We woke up at 7 this morning and came down to let the dogs out to find that Diamond (hudini) had opened the double glazing window over night and escaped taking Shadow with her but Xena (boxer) was happily asleep on the sofa!

Luckily we found them again, un harmed in the next road, playing on the green!

Seriously, they are worse than the kids!

We have been taking steps to supervise their every move but just when you think it's safe, she's off again!
    GO TEAM SLEDGE

Clever pooch.

Comment

My old Dog "the Colonel" took to escaping from the garden all the time i could never work out how he was doing it i had gravel boards all round with trellis on the top making the entire fence over 8ft high and he was still getting out!!! on a few occasions he had made his way to the 24 hour spar at the top of the road they had electric opening doors he would be found eating the meat on the deli counter!!! took me a good month to discover he was pushing the middle of each fence panel and squeezing between the fence and the gravel board once he was through there would no trace of where he had got out!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by hiroler
        on a few occasions he had made his way to the 24 hour spar at the top of the road they had electric opening doors he would be found eating the meat on the deli counter!!! :

i'm sorry, that just made me laugh so much!
        GO TEAM SLEDGE

Comment

haha! glad you find them
          cctv is your answer... may be
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy
            haha! glad you find them
            cctv is your answer... may be
            yeah, a hidden camera on the dogs with a feed back to the house so at least we'll know which area they are in so we can look for them! lol!
            GO TEAM SLEDGE

Comment

here is your answer HERE

cheap too
              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy
                here is your answer HERE

cheap too

I'd love to know what you typed into google, and what turned up to find that.

Pussy cam?

Comment

I stood and watched my young pointer bitch climb a 6ft chain link fence and still didn't believe it. They can be very resourceful when they want
                  Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

indoor crate or cage is the answer, be a shame if you lose him

we use cages for our trd @ bulldog ,our lab lives outside [he dont like indoors ]
                    our fence is only about 3 feet high
                    Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                      I'd love to know what you typed into google, and what turned up to find that.

Pussy cam?
                      i typed in super secret long dark coat and glasses no-ones watching pussy cam

haha
                      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by Gamedawn
                        I stood and watched my young pointer bitch climb a 6ft chain link fence and still didn't believe it. They can be very resourceful when they want
                        aren't they clever when they want to be, yet, if you give them a command like sit, they look at you like they haven't a clue what you are talking about! offer them food and tell them sit and it's like they have had a sudden break through of the human language and it's on their bums they go!

i don't actually think they would keep their cam collars on for more than about 5 mins! if they can open a double glazed window then they'd get out of them no problem!
                        GO TEAM SLEDGE

Comment

get chicken wire and put it round the base of your hedge, fence etc
                          Gaz

Comment

Originally posted by Gizmo
                            get chicken wire and put it round the base of your hedge, fence etc

tried that already, they either rip it apart or climb over it! you've heard the sayin you may have won the battle but you haven't won the war, well with diamond, i think it's war! lol
                            GO TEAM SLEDGE

Comment

we have been looking for knowledgable homes for the husky and northern inuit as we found them hard to cope with and they needed more time than we could give them, especially now i've got the surf bug and we intend going away more! last night we got a call from a family who already had a husky and were knowledgable about the breed and had a safer garden and more time for them, they had 'hudini' and a young family wanted shadow, they only had one child and plenty of time on their hands and the were all really nice so shadow went to live with them! i'm really sad to see them go but glad that they are in more appropriate homes!
                              GO TEAM SLEDGE

Comment

Working...
                              X