Hacked off !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hacked off !

Rip off Britain - you'd better believe it !

Inflation since 1972 has been 875% which sounds like a lot but it ain't if you look at the music business .........

I went to a hell of a lot of gigs that year, paying out of my meagre income from my Saturday job in a local greengrocers. As an example of prices that year:

London Rock 'n Roll Show (Wembley Stadium - Screaming Lord Sutch, Gary Glitter (!), Bill Haley & the Comets, Bo Diddley, Jerry Lee Lewis, Little Richard & Chuck Berry) - £3.50 for the BEST seats

Led Zeppelin (Alexandra Palace) £2.50

Last year I went to a few gigs:

Bob Dylan £35
    Sensational Alex Harvey Band (and support) £10
    Deep Purple (2007 - Thin Lizzy & Styx as support) £37.50

This year's Led Zeppelin re-union gig at the Dome - £125 !!!!!!

Taking the 1972 prices and applying the 875% inflation gives a price of between £21.88 and £30.63 for a decent gig .........

WTF is going on - are they taking us for mugs or what ????

OK - now the truth - I'm totally p!ssed off cos I've just committed all the available dosh to a new caravan and even if I did have the money and got through the lottery for the seats I'd still only be able to have two tickets and there's three LZ fans in our house !!!!!!

Last edited by Predictable Bob; 13 September 2007, 07:17.
    Life is too important to take seriously !

If I actually got the site to load then I'd be happier
    There are 10 kind of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

'There's no place like 127.0.0.1'

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob
      WTF is going on - are they taking us for mugs or what ????
      Are the music business taking us for mugs?

Out of all the people that take the pi$$, the music business are right up there. They take as much money from all parties involved as they can (fans AND artists), and then try to pretend that they're doing it for all our benefits as they go out and buy another new yacht.
      Paul </Slugsie>
      Immortal.so far!

Comment

You want to make sure you get your tickets from the source asap. If you think £125 is too much, you wait til all the thieving re-sellers get their hands on them.

I want to go to O2 to watch the NHL Ice Hockey this month, somehow missed the sale of tickets from Ticketmaster. Now, a £25 face value ticket is selling on ebay for £100. I have just paid out £197 for two tickets. But what choice do I have now..

What I don't understand is how these people manage to get and advertise that they have "4 pairs of tickets available". Same with concert tickets, the mark up is horrendous.

There are too many sites that allow re-sale of tickets with no limits, but take a another bit of commission off the fans, thus encouraging touts. Why are people now not so honest as to buy two tickets and return them to the source if you can't attend so they could be re-sold and be happy to get a refund.

You wait, LZ tickets will be £200 on ebay the week after it sells out.

Also hacked off! Ice Hockey in a big stadium better be awesome...

Comment

Originally posted by TwoBoard
          You want to make sure you get your tickets from the source asap. If you think £125 is too much, you wait til all the thieving re-sellers get their hands on them.

I want to go to O2 to watch the NHL Ice Hockey this month, somehow missed the sale of tickets from Ticketmaster. Now, a £25 face value ticket is selling on ebay for £100. I have just paid out £197 for two tickets. But what choice do I have now..

What I don't understand is how these people manage to get and advertise that they have "4 pairs of tickets available". Same with concert tickets, the mark up is horrendous.

There are too many sites that allow re-sale of tickets with no limits, but take a another bit of commission off the fans, thus encouraging touts. Why are people now not so honest as to buy two tickets and return them to the source if you can't attend so they could be re-sold and be happy to get a refund.

You wait, LZ tickets will be £200 on ebay the week after it sells out.

Also hacked off! Ice Hockey in a big stadium better be awesome...

You've got a point! last year i decided not to bother going to the download festival. With a week to go my mates from manchester called me up an did the whole "where we gunna meet you" thing... i changed my mind... Over £300 i paid for my ticket.... £100 for a train ticket.... seeing Metallica ... Priceless (i think)

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
            You've got a point! last year i decided not to bother going to the download festival. With a week to go my mates from manchester called me up an did the whole "where we gunna meet you" thing... i changed my mind... Over £300 i paid for my ticket.... £100 for a train ticket.... seeing Metallica ... Priceless (i think)

I recently sold my Reading ticket on Ebay For £400 and it cost me £310, as I had a wedding on the same weekend. I then paid £100 for 2 tickets to see the Smashing Pumpkins.

Until it becomes illegal to sell tickets for gigs this will go on. I've managed to register now, so we'll just have to wait and see. Although you are limited to 2 tickets.
            There are 10 kind of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

'There's no place like 127.0.0.1'

Comment

Working...
            X