Wot a trusting fool i am

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wot a trusting fool i am

Some of you guys may remember me posting about an ebay seller i was haveing trouble with, (the dissapearing wheel carrier) i was advised to start an ebay dispute and Dean i think advised me to go to the police, well just after starting the ebay dispute the guy emailed me (via the dispute process) to appoligise and say the courier had found the item (which turned up in northern ireland) and was now back with him, so i could either have a quick delivery or refund, i opted for the delivery as i still want the carrier, he promised to give me courier details and tracking number,and like a bl00dy fool i cancelled the dispute, another week and half went by, no carrier and no emails so let him know if it did'nt arrive by friday (last) i was off to the cops, which i've done monday, their getting a local leicester officer to follow it up ,so still heard nowt from him, cant believe he's giveing me all this grief for a poxy £55, anyway see wot the police can do, also left a good negitive feed back, (no swearing or owt tho) i believe you cant restart a ebay dispute, so i've shot meself in the foot there
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Hi mate, well that was the best thing to do and I will be suprised if the police don't finish the job you started. However the bobby will probably have another 10 jobs of various degrees (shoplifting to abh) that he (or she!) will be dealing with so could be 3-4 weeks before you get a result.

Just wait out for a bit as he (or she!) will now be filling data protection act forms to get the sellers details etc.

Let me know of your result, even if it takes a few weeks!!

Dean
    "Master you anger, before anger is your master!!"

Comment

Having an ounce of decency doesn't make you a trusting fool, Ian. It merely means the other person is a tw@t.

Comment

There are so many dicks on ebay, I've been having so much trouble recently too. But I never close a dispute until I have either the item or my money back.

Whats worse is the feedback system, where you'll get negative feedback for leaving negative feedback for them, after they've fuct you about.

I recently got negative feedback after a buyer didn't pay for an item he bought.
        There are 10 kind of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

'There's no place like 127.0.0.1'

Comment

I've bought a few things and sold a few only had 2 problems with the sellers and left neg feed back. Which was returned as expected neg.

I don't worry about it usually the negative returns are imature and non realistic folk will suss them out. Hope you get the cover sorted.

Cheers JB
          www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Comment

Cheer's guys, i've resigned meself to the fact i had the carrier and the money so any result will be a bonus!, anyway we'll see and i'll keep you posted on the result

Comment

I agree with MattF and would add that the bay does leave itself open
              to these numptys, and with its Very high profits it could do more to help
              people, like having a team of "debt collectors" maybe.

Mark....
              Let taste be the enemy of art!

Comment

do we not have a member local to this geezer who could pop in and 'collect' for you, Ian?
                it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
                  do we not have a member local to this geezer who could pop in and 'collect' for you, Ian?
                  Now we are getting somewhere with a nation wide network no one need be out of pocket without the knowledge of 3rd party visit satisfaction.
                  A kind of surf owner insurance if you will. I have 7 years ebay and hundreds of pos feedbacks with no negs but I think my listings will now include this new personalised insurance scheme lol. It would certainly smooth and speed the ebay dispute process if mentioned to the $$$$ messing you around.
                  Brian

Comment

this almost happened to me,and i was in contact with ebay..
                    basically i logged the complaint, the sender said i was wrong, and logged a load of rubbish, then contacted me via email saying he will sort it if i withdraw the complaint. ebay said they will take it as resolved if i did that.

so my message to ebay was if i get another issue, that i will be logging another complaint with the full correct details. i had some slight detail that was different but cant remember the reason i had..
                    may be you can use a clause like that and get ebay on the case again. normaly they issue a refund and charge him.
                    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Sounds a good idea Charlie, dont know if i'm allowed to post the guys details or not, i too think ebay should do more to protect rip off victims, as you say they make vast profiets and basicly wash their hands when a deal goes wrong, they should follow up the cases with court action on you behalf if need be,
                      thinking about charley's idea tho, i'd hate to think a member got smacked or worse doing a favour for me, i'd rather loose the lot than have that happen,
                      i'll see what results the police get and if that fails i'll try the small claims court after some leagle advise, if we cant get these bleeders leagially then we'd just as soon pack up and only buy from shops, it's a shame as 99% of the deals on ebay are ok, just takes one ba$tard like this to destroy all the goodwill built up,
                      anyway thanks all for the support etc, gotta say it helps being able to talk about it here, otherwise i wind meself up into kicking the nabours cat through it's own backside

Comment

Working...
                      X