Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Think I may have spotted my new car

eh up,

think i might of spotted my new surf. been trawling the net in the hope of sorting something out this week and may have got lucky. I know its risky to post the details incase someone nips in and buys it, but the garage advertising it no longer has it, but i've contacted the new owner and he's gonna hold it for me for 2 weeks while i try to get mine shifted before he advertises it.

what do ya think?

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www...00736294235168

cheers,

Martin
    Just trying to raise my postcount!

Good colour!

Comment

though my old surf was burgundy over silver.

rather like this one that seems a bobby bargain!

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/237920.htm

Comment

I think personally the 2nd one looks a better bet.

3.0 litre over 2.4 and cheaper

The tyre arrangement should last for ages (Hippo wears more on the front than rear) + the rear mounted spare.

A reasonable mileage too

The first one has a bit of dubious description, I wasn't aware of 2nd gens having ABS and airbags. I also cannot see the roof rails listed.

Trev
        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
          I think personally the 2nd one looks a better bet.

3.0 litre over 2.4 and cheaper

The tyre arrangement should last for ages (Hippo wears more on the front than rear) + the rear mounted spare.

A reasonable mileage too

The first one has a bit of dubious description, I wasn't aware of 2nd gens having ABS and airbags. I also cannot see the roof rails listed.

Trev
          But thats an excuse to knock the price down.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
          (")_(")

Comment

they are both 3.0's

i think the guy got carried away with the first one as it was just a trade in they were trying to flog. thing is a little garage bought it yesterday from them and thats who i'd have to buy it off. He intended to bump up the price by £500 before advertising it, but as i've seen it at the lower price he'd have to let me have it for that. I would definatly check it out before buying, i know there's no abs etc. (and i know a bit about dealer bullsh!t, i used to sell cars for renault until 2 months ago!)

anywho, going to look at the second one tomorrow. I was looking to spend £3-3.5, on a nice low mileage one with a bit of lift, but with the £2k one i could get a nice lift and some nice wheels for under £3.5 couldn't i.

i did fancy a change from burgundy though, thats what my last one was like, tbh i see no difference whatsover spec wise between this on and my old ssrx. shoudl there be?

cheers,

Martin

Comment

can't imagine the first one would have an lsd either

Comment

BLUE ones are FASTER
                (\__/)
                (")_(")

Comment

The first one is a very nice colour and good spec. but I’d ditch the push chair handle on the front, Oh its called a Nerf Bar is it

The second one…I don’t like burgundy and it has done more miles but the price is lower so you could afford to have it sprayed in a nice colour … Oh and I don’t like the ‘A’ bar either.

Interesting statement about the “2.4 gutless overheating model”
                  Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

yeah, i hate any form of bumper furniture too, so the a-bars would be right out of the window (or on ebay!).

as for the colour, i'm really not @rsed, so long as the rest of the car is a good deal. I'm definately swayed towards the second one, but thats purely due to the price. if there was only £300 in it, i'd have the blue one with less miles and a bit of come back to the dealer if something went pear-shaped. but if the burgundidly one is a straight car, it could be ab bit of a bargain i think.

martin

Comment

If you have CASH ££££££££££££££ You can strike a DEAL.
                      (\__/)
                      (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by PDR
                        The first one is a very nice colour and good spec. but I’d ditch the push chair handle on the front, Oh its called a Nerf Bar is it

The second one…I don’t like burgundy and it has done more miles but the price is lower so you could afford to have it sprayed in a nice colour … Oh and I don’t like the ‘A’ bar either.

Interesting statement about the “2.4 gutless overheating model”

Nerf bars are tube sidesteps, best described as "non fuctioning rock sliders"

Comment

Working...
                        X