The Squeek!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Squeek!!!

my truck has this awful squeel when going over un-even road surfaces, it doesnt even have to be bumpy now. if you go over speed bumps you dont hear it! but its loud enough to make people turn round!

anyone have any idea what this could be? ive sprayed WD-40 on just about everything that can/cant move under the truck and its still there!

like i said, big bumps dont give you the noise, its things like drains and where they have done road works and its un even. the thing that would do it worse is where you drive past another road and the road is convex.. HELP!
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Mine does exactly the same. Could it be worn front ARB bushes? as the wishbones flex i would guess the arb follows it?!?

Comment

Bronze bushes? Do a search to see if is what you're experiencing.

Comment

no its not arb bushes. i done them already. as well as new shocks with the suspension lift.

im thinking may be i need to fit those grease nipple thingys and inject some grease in there.. ill do a search now for bronze bushes
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

hmm mines a squeek though not a rattle like they say theirs is..
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy
            no its not arb bushes. i done them already. as well as new shocks with the suspension lift.

im thinking may be i need to fit those grease nipple thingys and inject some grease in there.. ill do a search now for bronze bushes
            Inject some grease in where?

Comment

dunno, where ever the grease goes when you fit nipples on the front suspension.
              ive had the car washed today, and the squeek has quietend down loads. but something isnt right because when i go into my road, it makes the diagonal wheels get pushed up and the opposite diagonal ones not move much and it sounds like a rear spring is wabbling about and creaking..
              god knows whats going on... will get it over the pit next week., but i had it over the pit last night and it seems sound. nothings loose so far
              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

was hoping someone else had a mouse like squeek and got theirs fixed?
                Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

i had a rattle once, tryed everthing,,

in the end it was a stone stuck in the guard for the feul tank,,

but like you say it only happend on small bumps and eneven surfaces

may be worth a check, just give it a dunt with your hand and see what happens.

cheers scotty

Comment

Working...
                  X