Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Morr
    nope, its a Surf, with LC's above and below it
    I obviously missread it coz I thought he meant they grey one(s)

I'll just shut up eh and watch
    How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

Is the one above grey too? I wasn't too sure, I'm a bit lampy when it comes to colours, most people call it colourblind but I prefer to think of myself as colour difficult

there ya go, probably not as drunk as you thought after all
      Maurice
      Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Originally posted by Morr
        Is the one above grey too? I wasn't too sure, I'm a bit lampy when it comes to colours, most people call it colourblind but I prefer to think of myself as colour difficult

there ya go, probably not as drunk as you thought after all
        Ha ha well I think it is - but then again we need another opinion................Guys is it grey?

Comment

Originally posted by Bibs
          Ha ha well I think it is - but then again we need another opinion................Guys is it grey?
          no its more a dirty beige
          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200
            no its more a dirty beige

Comment

The unlocking thing works on a lot of cars, but not all, range rovers was one of the first i heard it about, then volvos then several others since. I have only ever heard of it working on factory fit systems.

As has already been said the IMEI number (*#06#) is a firmware serial number, in the right (wrong?) hands they will flash a new number onto the phone then resell it fully functioning and virtually untraceable.

112 is the international emergency number, you can dial it from any phone anywhere in the world and it'll take you to the emergency services of the country you're in, rumour's about your call being traceable if you use 112 so they can get a GPS position from your phone i don't know about, but if they can do it when you dial 112 they can also do it when you dial 999, which coincidentally you can also call with the keypad locked on most UK sold mobiles, and also with no signal from your network.

Never heard of the other one, but my last nokia was an 8210 when they were the latest phone on the market, 8 years ago ish.

****Sony Ericsson service menu - press >(Right on D.Pad)*<*<<*
              =========
              =SOLD UP!=
              =========

Comment

I was gonna ignore this, but decided as I'm p1ssed not to.

Sorry, but the unlocking bit is utter b0llocks. The modern key (generally) used the 2.4GHz band to transmit a code to the car. A mobile phone wil accept up to around 10KHz. So, it's not gonna happen. URBAN MYTH, ALL OF IT.

All this 'secret' stuff that no-one but the top mobile phone company employees know about eh? Except EVERYONE with a PC knows about it... Hmmm, dont think so! I remember a guy in a pub telling me his phone could pick up peoples bank card PIN numbers via bluetooth card readers. I asked him to show me and he said "no, cos you'll do it to then". C0ck!

Bet the peeps who posted it had a good giggle at their mates holding their central locking blipper up to their phones though.
                Last edited by Apache; 7 September 2007, 23:48.
                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

gonna have to test the unlocking thing, when i first heard it i thought no way. But heard/seen/read it from several other sources since. Even watched a TV programme (was it not Top Gear?) which showed them doing it on a range rover, read a magazine article showing what cars they had tried it on and worked on. If it's a con, it's a $$$$$$ good one. Going to have to try it for myself on a few cars and see what happens (in the dark so no one can watch and laugh)
                  =========
                  =SOLD UP!=
                  =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279
                    gonna have to test the unlocking thing, when i first heard it i thought no way. But heard/seen/read it from several other sources since. Even watched a TV programme (was it not Top Gear?) which showed them doing it on a range rover, read a magazine article showing what cars they had tried it on and worked on. If it's a con, it's a $$$$$$ good one. Going to have to try it for myself on a few cars and see what happens (in the dark so no one can watch and laugh)

I saw clarkson but one to his head.

Also, did you know you can make phone calls with a modern mobile phone? MAD lil world we live in

Comment

Originally posted by nero279
                      in the dark so no one can watch and laugh
                      But now I know I'll laugh anyway...

Hang on... I'm an EMC engineer... I should know this sh1t! I'll ask someone next week

Comment

[QUOTE=RodLeach]I saw clarkson but one to his head. QUOTE]

Using your head to extend the remote range is true.
                        Clarkson used his temple, but the best bit is your chin. This is usefull if the battery in your remote is nearly dead (it's also good fun to made the Police jump when they are sneaking around your car in a dark New Forest car park (this black uniform they use really makes them look like thieves)).
                        Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

[QUOTE=Maverick]
                          Originally posted by RodLeach
                          I saw clarkson but one to his head. QUOTE]

Using your head to extend the remote range is true.
                          Clarkson used his temple, but the best bit is your chin. This is usefull if the battery in your remote is nearly dead (it's also good fun to made the Police jump when they are sneaking around your car in a dark New Forest car park (this black uniform they use really makes them look like thieves)).
                          Thats just using your head as an antenna though, which may or not work depending on lots of things. Using the mobile as a Tx is another matter!

Comment

...It's all well and good being able to unlock your car hundreds of miles away from your spare set of keys...but if you have lost your keys - how the fcuk are you supposed to drive it home???
                            Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

Originally posted by jaky cakes
                              ...It's all well and good being able to unlock your car hundreds of miles away from your spare set of keys...but if you have lost your keys - how the fcuk are you supposed to drive it home???
                              You use the spare you hide in the ash tray
                              Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Working...
                              X