Confirmation please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confirmation please.

Today, i went to get a price on wheel alignment. The woman looked at me funny and said ill have to speak to Ben cos the Surf is an import. So he checked on the computer, then asked me the equivelent. I told him 4 runner. So, he went and checked the computer and said, i need to confirm the settings as there are so many 4 runners listed. So, i asked to see the list. I pointed out that my Surf is a LN130, so should be the same as the 4 runner LN130. He asked me if i could just confirm as he dont wanna set it the wrong one cos that would be money wasted. Which is quite nice of him i thought.
    I have conducted a search, but all i am finding is everyone saying its the same as the 4 runner. So i just wanna make sure it the LN130 settings im going for.
    Many thanks in advance and sorry if this should maybe be in tech mech.

LN130 is part of the chassis no for the 2.4, so I would guess that both LN130's would have the same chassis configuration.
    Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Thats what i thought. Its the same vehicle just a different name for different countries. But i agreed that i should just confirm it before i get it done.

Comment

Originally posted by clayton8798
        Thats what i thought. Its the same vehicle just a different name for different countries. But i agreed that i should just confirm it before i get it done.

I think the body shell is slightly different in subtle ways, but the running gear is basically the same.
        Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob
          I think the body shell is slightly different in subtle ways, but the running gear is basically the same.

I think the bodys are exactly the same. Most obvious is the 4runner normally has no chrome. Sometimes manual windows etc. different bits on the tailgate etc. Oh... an normally lots n lots of RUST

Comment

Cool. Thanks u muchly m8. Much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
              I think the bodys are exactly the same. Most obvious is the 4runner normally has no chrome. Sometimes manual windows etc. different bits on the tailgate etc. Oh... an normally lots n lots of RUST
              The ones I've seen haven't had arch extensions either, or all the toys that the jap ones have.

They do cost more though as the sellers usually say 'not one of those cheap jap imports' or suchlike. Plonkers.
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                The ones I've seen haven't had arch extensions either, or all the toys that the jap ones have.

They do cost more though as the sellers usually say 'not one of those cheap jap imports' or suchlike. Plonkers.
                Yeah, your right. Ive only seen about 2 with the arches. most are the narrow bodies with the flush headlights.

an that pi$$es me off when car salesmen say sh!te to gain a sale. that monster V6 surf on ebay at the moment has somet along the lines of "much more powerful and better on fuel then them nasty diesels" c'mon...

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
                  "much more powerful and better on fuel then them nasty diesels" c'mon...
                  ...but dont try river crossings. Bet they dont say that do they?

Comment

Originally posted by clayton8798
                    Today, i went to get a price on wheel alignment. The woman looked at me funny and said ill have to speak to Ben cos the Surf is an import. So he checked on the computer, then asked me the equivelent. I told him 4 runner. So, he went and checked the computer and said, i need to confirm the settings as there are so many 4 runners listed. So, i asked to see the list. I pointed out that my Surf is a LN130, so should be the same as the 4 runner LN130. He asked me if i could just confirm as he dont wanna set it the wrong one cos that would be money wasted. Which is quite nice of him i thought.
                    I have conducted a search, but all i am finding is everyone saying its the same as the 4 runner. So i just wanna make sure it the LN130 settings im going for.
                    Many thanks in advance and sorry if this should maybe be in tech mech.
                    Tracking data

Camber.....0.10 to 1.10
                    Caster......1.10 to 2.10
                    Toe..........0.03 to 0.15
                    Inc. angle...12.35
                    SAI............11.55

Off a previous thread.
                    Trust your Hound.

Comment

...but dont try river crossings. Bet they dont say that do they?

No! i bet they keep that quiet..

Comment

Thanks Micheal. But shouldnt need that as they have the 4 runner details on their computer. Many thanks anyway everyone.

Comment

Mine is a VZN130 just to throw a spanner in the works

Oh and V6 owners don’t wade deep/muddy rivers because we are not stupid enough to drown our Surfs.... and then wonder why the carpets are all sopping wet and start to stink after a few days or the head blows because the rad is full of mud
                          Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Originally posted by PDR
                            Mine is a VZN130 just to throw a spanner in the works

Oh and V6 owners don’t wade deep/muddy rivers because we are not stupid enough to drown our Surfs.... and then wonder why the carpets are all sopping wet and start to stink after a few days or the head blows because the rad is full of mud
                            V6... the ladies model.

Comment

V6... the ladies model.

(with wellies to keep them feet dry)
                              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Working...
                              X