What have i done wrong (again)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What have i done wrong (again)

found an excellant thread explaining what to do when rear window motor spins but nothing happens can't find it now though) and removed my motor accordingly and hey presto the disk thingy had come unglued from the rubber thingy, as advised screwed them together etc, put the motor back in but alas it only goes up about 4 inches and then the motor stops, it does go back down again though so i remove the motor and plug it back in, turn the key and it spins for eternity in either direction and sure enough i can "lift" the glass up and down by hand no problem. As the title suggests "What have i done wrong?" and how to i replace the layers of skin i have lost
    Bunkle
    Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Unsure if youve done the repair correctly, but if you want it to work get the motor out of the rear passenger door, and then you can take your time fixing the boot one and put that in the back door, when its done. At least you can use your boot.
    Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

can you move the glass up/down freely when the motor is out?

Jim's article is also here, btw: http://forums.bauchan.org/genu/articles/index.php

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
          can you move the glass up/down freely when the motor is out?

Jim's article is also here, btw: http://forums.bauchan.org/genu/articles/index.php
          yeah- the window goes up and down lovely, i'm wondering now though, do i need to fix the motor back in when the window is fully up ?, as i did it with the window fully down ! -
          Bunkle
          Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Comment

Its alot easier, but its best to do it with door shut, and you inside of course
            Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

i did find doing mine easier with the tailgate down and a stool to hold the weight of the window while i swapped the motor
              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce
                i did find doing mine easier with the tailgate down and a stool to hold the weight of the window while i swapped the motor
                cheers guys - YES - it works if you put the motor back on with the window up or at least "out" perched on a stool, damn site easier too

Insa Turbo Sahara's arrived today so am all excited, also won a decent bumper on ebay last month for 99pence ! off a hilux pickup but for that money it WILL fit - pictures to follow......
                Bunkle
                Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Comment

Originally posted by Bunkle
                  cheers guys - YES - it works if you put the motor back on with the window up or at least "out" perched on a stool, damn site easier too

Insa Turbo Sahara's arrived today so am all excited, also won a decent bumper on ebay last month for 99pence ! off a hilux pickup but for that money it WILL fit - pictures to follow......
                  what size tyres did you get Bunkle cause i was looking at those tyres aswell but still not made my mind up what i want yet

Comment

what size tyres did you get Bunkle cause i was looking at those tyres aswell but still not made my mind up what i want yet
                    went for 31 10.50 15's as i have no body lift, but sh*t they look huge !, decided on these over machos as they have a much higher speed rating and have heard nothing but good reports from some L**d R***r boys, got 4 delivered for £250 from uptotheaxles - delivered the day after i ordered them!, i got 4 surf alloys off ebay for £21 on Sunday too so am going to get them blasted and powder coated, reckon in black as they look kind of mean - when will i grow up
                    Bunkle
                    Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Comment

you certainly have had a run of luck on ebay then.I painted my old chromes black and they look better

went for 31 10.50 15's as i have no body lift, but sh*t they look huge !, decided on these over machos as they have a much higher speed rating and have heard nothing but good reports from some L**d R***r boys, got 4 delivered for £250 from uptotheaxles - delivered the day after i ordered them!, i got 4 surf alloys off ebay for £21 on Sunday too so am going to get them blasted and powder coated, reckon in black as they look kind of mean - when will i grow up

Comment

you certainly have had a run of luck on ebay then.I painted my old chromes black and they look better
                        I know ! - the bumper was an unbelievable bargain, it's only aluminium so no good for winching but still looks the part - it was when the forum was down so we wern't all telling each other about stuff !!! - the wheels are in pretty bad condition to be fair though
                        Bunkle
                        Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Comment

I know ! - the bumper was an unbelievable bargain, it's only aluminium so no good for winching but still looks the part - it was when the forum was down so we wern't all telling each other about stuff !!! - the wheels are in pretty bad condition to be fair though
                          even so they were still dirt cheap and for a couple of hundred or whatever it cost to get them done you got a cheap set of wheels also

Comment

Working...
                          X