Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by B16mts
    I did ask,

if you read the end of his advert he says he's been offered £3300 and declined it. he's not interested in My car at all sadly.

do you happen to have anything for sale in my ballpark?

Martin
    Hi Martin about the only deffernat one l have is the wifes 3rd Gen the one in my AVATAR one piece back door better for the dogs.
    Live Life To The Full

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer
      I'll take them to work this week if you like, it's just I'm not buying the printer until I've moved - no point in moving it from one house to another...

I've got:

Mynedd Maur
      The Bad Boy
      Whitestones
      The Wayfarer
      and about 2 more......
      How far back are you going in TOR? I think i've got all of them since about july last year, so if anyone wants any of the greenlane guides i can scan them to PDFs if someone can host them?
      =========
      =SOLD UP!=
      =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279
        How far back are you going in TOR? I think i've got all of them since about july last year, so if anyone wants any of the greenlane guides i can scan them to PDFs if someone can host them?
        I've got about the same catalogue...
        Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

The most powerful of all the 2nd gen Surfs isn’t fitted with a turbo nor does it run on stinky diesel.

If you are not doing a high mileage each year it might be worth considering a 3.0 V6 Petrol… more power, less engine noise and can normally be bought for less than the equivalent oil burner. Mine was up for 2k at a local garage and I got a good trade in price on my other Toyota.

I probably do about 8 – 9k per year and use around £200 per month on fuel. Had this Surf almost a year now and it has been great. I have never really owned any economical cars, mostly around the 2 -3 litre engine size so 25 mpg is normal for me…
          This V6 Surf costs a bit more (does around 16 mpg) but you soon get used to it.

Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Yeah but the V6 model is only a tiny bit more powerful then the 3.0ltr models for seriously bad fuel consumption.

get a 3.0ltr and fit an intercooler and you'll be up there with the V6...

Comment

http://www.swapmywheels.com/listing/show/2199

may well be getting rid of mine, not that i really want to but presant circumstances dictate that i don't need it anymore
              The benchmark....

Comment

well the big lifted one on ebay just got sold for£3495. which is pretty insulting when he offered me it for my car plus 2k the otherday!

well I may have found another one now!
                Just trying to raise my postcount!

Comment

Originally posted by huff_diggler
                  http://www.swapmywheels.com/listing/show/2199

may well be getting rid of mine, not that i really want to but presant circumstances dictate that i don't need it anymore

Noooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

You can always get another one when things calm down - how are you doing???
                  Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by PDR
                    The most powerful of all the 2nd gen Surfs isn’t fitted with a turbo nor does it run on stinky diesel.

If you are not doing a high mileage each year it might be worth considering a 3.0 V6 Petrol… more power, less engine noise and can normally be bought for less than the equivalent oil burner. Mine was up for 2k at a local garage and I got a good trade in price on my other Toyota.

I probably do about 8 – 9k per year and use around £200 per month on fuel. Had this Surf almost a year now and it has been great. I have never really owned any economical cars, mostly around the 2 -3 litre engine size so 25 mpg is normal for me…
                    This V6 Surf costs a bit more (does around 16 mpg) but you soon get used to it.

you mean one like this?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-HI-LUX-...QQcmdZViewItem

not sure about his claims that its cheaper to run than the deisel though

Martin

Comment

you mean one like this?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-HI-LUX-...QQcmdZViewItem

not sure about his claims that its cheaper to run than the deisel though

Martin
                      I have heard that the manual version of the V6 is considerably better than the auto and returns around 25 mpg. However I don’t think that I would ever really want to go back to driving a manual car again…. I broke my left heel last year while rock climbing and it is still not right, so using a clutch can be a pain, literally.
                      Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

My ex's old manual box 93' V6 4Runner would get 300miles to a tank on a long motorway journey at sensible speeds, same as a good 3.0TD, but round town driving really takes its toll, that where the 16-19mpg comes from, even more so with a Auto.

Originally posted by PDR
                        I have heard that the manual version of the V6 is considerably better than the auto and returns around 25 mpg. However I don’t think that I would ever really want to go back to driving a manual car again…. I broke my left heel last year while rock climbing and it is still not right, so using a clutch can be a pain, literally.
                        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

main problem is it won't run on veg, which was one of the main reasons for going back to a surf!

Comment

If I was looking for a 'sensible' new Surf, the extra £ for a early 3rd gen is probably the most reliable bet. Cheapest sensible option should be a late 2nd gen 3.0TD. Budget option a late 2.4, but it needs to be absolutely mint, head done, etc... to be tempting.

main problem is it won't run on veg, which was one of the main reasons for going back to a surf!

Comment

300 miles from a v6,
                              was that all down hill,
                              Using high octane I dont think i ever managed better than 265/270

Comment

Originally posted by truckarms
                                300 miles from a v6,
                                was that all down hill,
                                Using high octane I dont think i ever managed better than 265/270
                                The trip meter cannot lie!

Zero'd on full tank, drive till light came on. 305 miles, at 70ish, mostly motorway.

Round town it got just over 200 miles to a tank!

Comment

Working...
                                X