Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which surf do i go for?

Hi,

i'm in a real quandary (a word that should be used more often!).

I want to desperatly return to surfdom, as my current car just isn't big enough for my 2 great danes to go in the boot. However I don't have the money to buy a surf unless my car goes first. Its a p reg mitsi legnum vr4 with all the trimmings, and going by the cars on ebay and autotrader, it should be worth at least £4000, though realistically £3500. However its been advertised on the vr4 owners forum for £3000 and not gone yet (i know i should advertise it elsewhere, but just haven't had the time.).

Do I approach some more local garages and see what they'll offer me (not easy as its such a rare jap import, and they just don't know how to value it). one guy has provisionally offered me £2500 this afternoon, but wants to see it first, do i get him round for a look?

I have seen 3 surfs that catch my eye, bearing in mind that i want as close to a straight swap as possible, perhaps being able to send a grand their way.

least favourite is this: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1995-Toyota-Hi...QQcmdZViewItem
    which is also on the autotrader website for £2995

then these 2, anyone guess why they've caught my eye (oh and one is one of MrSurf's cars)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Toyota-Hilux-s...QQcmdZViewItem

and

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-HI-LUX-...QQcmdZViewItem

they're all relatively local, which is important cos i don't really want to travel the country looking for one if theres a goodun on my doorstep.

I dunno what to do really, the wife doesn't understand which doesn't help, though whatever i do decide will of course be wrong!

what would you lot do?

Martin
    Just trying to raise my postcount!

Get a Burgundy one!!!

Suprised noone seems to want your car though, I'd love one, but don't need another big car now I have the Surf......

Have a look on Autotrader too - there's a fair bunch of them around....
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

They all look pretty good to me. If that last one REALLY only has 40k miles on it, it looks nice, particularly with those wheels / tyres on it, as does Spoon's, though that stupid exhaust would have to go!

edit: Dont you wish these jap numptys would buy FIVE big alloys / tyres?!?!
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

The last one you have up there is the mileage you want to be looking for. He also looks like he is up for a deal p/x.

If there is a burgundy 2-door around get it, cos they contain a little extra special sumfin above all other surfs
        Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

think i would go for mr surfs
          Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by Veggie Surfer

If there is a burgundy 2-door around get it, cos they contain a little extra special sumfin
            Yep, 600cc less than a real engine

Comment

already had a burgundy one and loved it. don't really mind on the colour, mainly the price.

so do you think i chop my car in at a garage for £2500?? I do have some concerns about it anyway, there's a few warning signs that it could become expensive in a couple of months if i'm not careful.

oh yeah and i too am a little concerned about the 40k one, he has offered me a swap of my car plus £2000, but i just don't think its worth that. yeah spoon's has got more mileage, but if they're warranted, thats more important, especially as i know how long surfs can run for, and a few more miles is probably better on the engine. afterall, 40000 in 12 years is 3333 miles a year, which is hardly enough to get it warm!

cheers,

Martin

Comment

Guys a crook, get your £2500, it cant be worth more than £3700 surely (the truck i mean).

Buy a straight one low miler without any mods for £2800, and then spend £1500 on mods, that way its all new its all your work and you'll love it even more.
                Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Guys a crook, get your £2500, it cant be worth more than £3700 surely (the truck i mean).

Buy a straight one low miler without any mods for £2800, and then spend £1500 on mods, that way its all new its all your work and you'll love it even more.
                  like this one? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/L-REG-TOYOTA-H...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

Yes indeed, that looks a cracker. Suspension lift, torsion bar adjustment body lift and big wheels, and its same as the other one, only this one looks like its just been used as a weekend family car.

I would say your more sure of that one not being abused.

Is that a non turbo?
                    Last edited by The Lang-Shankit Scunner; 3 September 2007, 20:41.
                    Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Originally posted by B16mts
                      Yeah - what Carl said!
                      Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Have you asked SPOON for a deal he might say yes.
                        Live Life To The Full

Comment

HI Shame l cant make my mind up on what l am doing with five 3litre Surf,s as l would offer you a deal of some sort.
                          Live Life To The Full

Comment

I did ask,

if you read the end of his advert he says he's been offered £3300 and declined it. he's not interested in My car at all sadly.

do you happen to have anything for sale in my ballpark?

Martin

Comment

Is that a non turbo?
                              Eh?

What makes you say that?

Comment

Working...
                              X