Bobbed Stein

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bobbed Stein

ok so woodzie and family came down today and we went out and showed him some of the delights of dorset,swanage ,corfe castle and wareham quay.any way while he was down here we got to talking about stein,and we quickly got on the subject of cutting of the roof and turning stein into a bobbed 4 door pickup,with an alloy bed and hydraulic lifting storage compartment for recovery equipment and a rear roll bar fitted radiator and electric cooling fan system with electric water pump.the mind boggles,i wanna get out there now with the cutting disc and start,but im sat here thinking am i doing the right thing.so am i??????? and can any one think of any probs i might come across.
    www.overfab.uk

Originally posted by surfenstein
    ok so woodzie and family came down today and we went out and showed him some of the delights of dorset,swanage ,corfe castle and wareham quay.any way while he was down here we got to talking about stein,and we quickly got on the subject of cutting of the roof and turning stein into a bobbed 4 door pickup,with an alloy bed and hydraulic lifting storage compartment for recovery equipment and a rear roll bar fitted radiator and electric cooling fan system with electric water pump.the mind boggles,i wanna get out there now with the cutting disc and start,but im sat here thinking am i doing the right thing.so am i??????? and can any one think of any probs i might come across.
    just make sure you block up behind the rear seats as the back passengers get wet when it rains

but seriously it sounds good
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Ive seen one surf over there done like that, I think it was up for parts on ebay a while ago after a cracked head.

The ones on Yotatech can look smart, especially the ones where they keep the rear roof section and just weld it on behind the rear doors, if you know what i mean

I say go for it! Cuz i'd like to see what it ends up like

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce
        just make sure you block up behind the rear seats as the back passengers get wet when it rains

but seriously it sounds good
        i think ive got that covered.im gonna cut it where the rear window begins just by the rear door and follow the flitch line back to the tailgate.then im gonna weld another tail gate in just behind the rear seat and utilise the rear quarters so that the window can go up and down.does that make sense
        www.overfab.uk

Comment

[QUOTE=surfenstein]ok so woodzie and family came down today and we went out and showed him some of the delights of dorset,swanage ,corfe castle and wareham quay.any way while he was down here we got to talking about stein,and we quickly got on the subject of cutting of the roof and turning stein into a bobbed 4 door pickup,with an alloy bed and hydraulic lifting storage compartment for recovery equipment and a rear roll bar fitted radiator and electric cooling fan system with electric water pump.the mind boggles,i wanna get out there now with the cutting disc and start,but im sat here thinking am i doing the right thing.so am i??????? and can any one think of any probs i might come across

welding upside down
          Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

sounds like a great idea but what about all that work you already done
            Tim
            Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

i think ive got that covered.im gonna cut it where the rear window begins just by the rear door and follow the flitch line back to the tailgate.then im gonna weld another tail gate in just behind the rear seat and utilise the rear quarters so that the window can go up and down.does that make sense
              One of the builds i read up on, on yotatech said that the rear window is a no go. The rear arches are in the way. You could keep the window. Just only have it static.

Comment

[QUOTE=joker??]
                ok so woodzie and family came down today and we went out and showed him some of the delights of dorset,swanage ,corfe castle and wareham quay.any way while he was down here we got to talking about stein,and we quickly got on the subject of cutting of the roof and turning stein into a bobbed 4 door pickup,with an alloy bed and hydraulic lifting storage compartment for recovery equipment and a rear roll bar fitted radiator and electric cooling fan system with electric water pump.the mind boggles,i wanna get out there now with the cutting disc and start,but im sat here thinking am i doing the right thing.so am i??????? and can any one think of any probs i might come across

welding upside down
                i was waiting for that one.but will will also notice im very good at welding upside down.
                Last edited by surfenstein; 1 September 2007, 21:51.
                www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
                  One of the builds i read up on, on yotatech said that the rear window is a no go. The rear arches are in the way. You could keep the window. Just only have it static.
                  good point rod ,i hadnt thought of that.so ok it will have to be static,thats not a prob
                  www.overfab.uk

Comment

YES ME HE HE

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
                      sounds like a great idea but what about all that work you already done
                      hi tim. i know ive done a lot of work on him but its just a bit of body work and a respray.im gonna take my time though.do it right first time round.
                      www.overfab.uk

Comment

When I chopped the zooki I took a picture side view on, then altered it in MS paint to give me an idea of where to chop and what it could look like.

Mark......
                        Let taste be the enemy of art!

Comment

good idea cheers.oh by the way nice work.
                          www.overfab.uk

Comment

good idea cheers.oh by the way nice work.
                            AWESOME IDEA MATE

when you say bobbed, do you mean just a body bob ,or go the whole hog and chop back the chassis rails?
                            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Uh-oh... I cant help thinking this could end badly... Dont ask me why. Every confidence in your abilities with the angle grinder and welder, but my gut feeling on reading the first post was 'oh nooo'...

Maybe I've got telepathic abilities, maybe I've spent too long cutting kingspan today, I dunno.

Try it on a s$$$$per first before chopping up 'stein?
                              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
                              X