Thule roof rack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thule roof rack

Hi all can anyone confirm that its fixing kit 1085 you need for a 95 2nd gen surf ? I have a complete setup but its for a BMW so all I need is the fixing kit to change it to the surf. Need to make sure as need to order it and at £24.99 don't want the wrong one. I've enclosed a pic of the said bar and existing fixing kit. Oh and anyone tried fitting the fixing kit from the Halfrauds home version as they seem very close and they're only £14.99
    Attached Files

Have you tried fitting it?

I ask because mine were off a Hyundai hatchback and fit the Surf perfectly!
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

No point as the BMW has some studs that the fixing kit keyholes onto I did think about self tapping them on but want to put a 16ft kayak on it ! What make was your bars as might see if they have that in stock. Cheers John

Comment

Originally posted by John McC
        Hi all can anyone confirm that its fixing kit 1085 you need for a 95 2nd gen surf ? I have a complete setup but its for a BMW so all I need is the fixing kit to change it to the surf. Need to make sure as need to order it and at £24.99 don't want the wrong one. I've enclosed a pic of the said bar and existing fixing kit. Oh and anyone tried fitting the fixing kit from the Halfrauds home version as they seem very close and they're only £14.99
        I got mt thule roof bars direct from Thule themselves,reasonably priced

If you follow the link, you can get all the part/pack numbers and they list the Surf's/4Runners too

http://www.thule.co.uk/appguide/

Hope this helps

Comment

Anyone got a picture of the fixing bit that hooks onto the gutter as I'm sure I can rig something up if I know what its like. As to the link had a look and it looks like I need kit 111 as I have the older style bar but still £25+ and the whole bar only cost £5 at the boot sale !

Comment

I've got Thule square bars for my 2nd Gen and yes, it is fixing kit 1085. It also needs a foot pack as well, which is 750.
            Mike G

Comment

Originally posted by Tallyman
              I've got Thule square bars for my 2nd Gen and yes, it is fixing kit 1085. It also needs a foot pack as well, which is 750.
              Well I now know I have and old system with a 950 foot kit so looks like its fixing kit 111 or get a new system at big bucks ! Thats the problem trying to do things on the cheap. Don't suppose you could take a pic of the 1085 bit I'm sure I can mod something......

Comment

Bump

Anyone do me a favour and take a pic of how the thule setup clips onto the surf please

Comment

Working...
                X