Its all over...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its all over...

Five weeks of bumming around. Five weeks of doing what I feel like doing when I get up in the morning...

Pottering with the truck, DIYing, offroading, fishing with the boy, sitting in the garden with a beer pondering the clouds passing overhead...

I have to start my new job on Monday. As some of you know, I was feckin ecstatic to get out of my last job which was taking years off my life through stress and pressure, but 5 weeks off has allowed me to chill out to a level I cant remember ever being like before! It's shown me what life could be like if I was independently wealthy

I would never dream of just living off handouts from the honest taxpayer (for one thing, it wouldn't give me enough money to do what I want to do - and I'm not that kind of person) but I really envy those people who have enough to not HAVE to work.

I would be happy to never work again because I can easily find enough to do with my life! I haven't been bored for ONE MOMENT in this last five weeks! It's been brilliant, but now I've got to be a wage slave again from monday.

Life's too short to spend it getting yourself wound up and unappreciated by some talentless, skill-less overpaid gob$$$$e in a grey suit. I need a get rich quick scheme - quick!
    Last edited by Apache; 1 September 2007, 00:15.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Originally posted by Apache
    Five weeks of bumming around. Five weeks of doing what I feel like doing when I get up in the morning...

Pottering with the truck, DIYing, offroading, fishing with the boy, sitting in the garden with a beer pondering the clouds passing overhead...

I have to start my new job on Monday. As some of you know, I was feckin ecstatic to get out of my last job which was taking years off my life through stress and pressure, but 5 weeks off has allowed me to chill out to a level I cant remember ever being like before! It's shown me what life could be like if I was independently wealthy

I would never dream of just living off handouts from the honest taxpayer (for one thing, it wouldn't give me enough money to do what I want to do - and I'm not that kind of person) but I really envy those people who have enough to not HAVE to work.

I would be happy to never work again because I can easily find enough to do with my life! I haven't been bored for ONE MOMENT in this last five weeks! It's been brilliant, but now I've got to be a wage slave again from monday.

Life's too short to spend it getting yourself wound up and unappreciated by some talentless, skill-less overpaid gob$$$$e in a grey suit. I need a get rich quick scheme - quick!
    start some organised tours to wales driving north to south taaking in strata florida and sarn helen(sound familiar)

but this time CHARGE MONEY you might even make enough for a new respray in BURGUNDY (what does the new job entail)
    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Sorry to hear you have to join the land of the slaves again Andy - and it's great that you weren't bored. I had a day off yesterday, first full day off with only 2 calls from work this time.....but I really enjoyed not being at work....I have to wait till October for my holiday - still, only 4 weeks to go.......

You could set up the Daffyd Thomas stall near the sign in Llanddewi Brefi....you get to drive Strata Florida, and dress in PVC - what more could you want?
      Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Morning Fellas, hope your job works out ok Andy
        Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer
          Sorry to hear you have to join the land of the slaves again Andy - and it's great that you weren't bored. I had a day off yesterday, first full day off with only 2 calls from work this time.....but I really enjoyed not being at work....I have to wait till October for my holiday - still, only 4 weeks to go.......

You could set up the Daffyd Thomas stall near the sign in Llanddewi Brefi....you get to drive Strata Florida, and dress in PVC - what more could you want?
          Ive Joined the SLAVE TRADE so think yourself Lucky. I get £35 per day & £8 per Job & i average 2 Jobs a day.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
          (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
            Ive Joined the SLAVE TRADE so think yourself Lucky. I get £35 per day & £8 per Job & i average 2 Jobs a day.
            EEEK!!

I was lucky enough to find a job where the STARTING pay for someone newish to the field (no pun intended) of EMC analysis is actually the same as what I was getting from HM Govt as a UK expert in what I was doing before! I've worked in the RF side of things before, but 15 years ago.

I suppose I shouldn't moan, as the local jobs in the papers are all paying much less than I was used to, so I wasn't holding out much hope!

As some of you will know, the reasons for me changing jobs were :-

a) The stress and pressure were doing me in.
            b) My employer was due to move 120 miles south, and I didn't want to uproot the family.

Comment

Good luck on the new job dad
              Hi

Comment

Originally posted by cal360
                Good luck on the new job dad
                Thanks mate, check out http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36076 for pics!

Comment

Awww bless,

Take it the times of being on here till past midnight are over then.....Good luck an hope your expectations are met
                  How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

Originally posted by Bibs
                    Awww bless,

Take it the times of being on here till past midnight are over then.....Good luck an hope your expectations are met
                    My expectations could only be met by a large lottery win.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                      My expectations could only be met by a large lottery win.
                      Ah but life will pass ya by if ya stand still dreamin'
                      How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

Originally posted by Bibs
                        Ah but life will pass ya by if ya stand still dreamin'
                        So be it.

Comment

good luck with the new job Andy.I'm hoping to be back at work on the 18th of sept and that from being off since 07/12/06 on the sick.I know its nice to be able to sit back and relax but i just can't wait to get back to work for something to do
                          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce
                            good luck with the new job Andy.I'm hoping to be back at work on the 18th of sept and that from being off since 07/12/06 on the sick.I know its nice to be able to sit back and relax but i just can't wait to get back to work for something to do

Good news Richard - hope it goes well, we'll have to celebrate at the weekend!
                            Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer
                              Good news Richard - hope it goes well, we'll have to celebrate at the weekend!
                              well i got to see the consultant on the 09 Oct for the 3 month check anf hopefully the all clear but i don't think at the moment its sorted 100% but a hell of alot better than before the op but i'm happy now after 2 years that i can start to get on with things as near to normal as i can
                              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Working...
                              X