Toronto,Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toronto,Canada

Just booked flights to Toronto. Going for a couple of weeks.

Going to Toronto for a couple of days then over to Niagara then New York hopefully.

Has anyone else been before and can give me ideas on what else to do over there.??????? Hints tips for a good journey??? Things to see and do.????

Cheers

Apart from throw away all my luggage and bring back some ARB diff lockers
    www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

Don't know about hints and tip, apart from keep your hand on your wallet, and don't eat yellow snow

Let us know what the place and people are like, as I'm thinking of emmigrating (only a thought at this time) as Canada is supposed to have the best standard/quality of life in the world, and I ain't getting any younger.

And just think of the off roading oppertunities in a country that size?

Also see how many Hilux diesels you spot.

Have an excellent trip
    Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob
      Don't know about hints and tip, apart from keep your hand on your wallet, and don't eat yellow snow

Let us know what the place and people are like, as I'm thinking of emmigrating (only a thought at this time) as Canada is supposed to have the best standard/quality of life in the world, and I ain't getting any younger.

Have an excellent trip
      Yeah,i'm takin my spotting jotter and anorack with me.
      I'll be standing next to Niagara falls and takin pictures of Surfs instead!!!!!!

Comment

Try here for some info;

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/SmartDe...tel-Deals.html

I know it's not Toronto, but it'll give you some ideas, and there's bound to be a similar site.
        Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by smiffy
          Just booked flights to Toronto. Going for a couple of weeks.

Going to Toronto for a couple of days then over to Niagara then New York hopefully.

Has anyone else been before and can give me ideas on what else to do over there.??????? Hints tips for a good journey??? Things to see and do.????

Cheers

Apart from throw away all my luggage and bring back some ARB diff lockers
          Deffo go up the CN Tower! It's feckin HOOOOGE!!!!

Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Wo......that glass floor looks interesting!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I like the CNN tower too!
              Attached Files
              Did I mention I have a BLUE one
              Tony

Comment

Originally posted by fatfires
                I like the CNN tower too!
                Another 2 attractions for the list

Comment

I sent TRACY to NEW YORK last November for her Birthday & she loved it.
                  Attached Files
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                  (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob

Have an excellent trip
                    yellow snow is bad ??? doh!
                    i bust things ,, it a skill i have ,,( need help?)

Comment

hey smithy,,

i still got your anorack in me garage from drumclog,,

unless you are that much of an anorack, that you have an anorack collection

hope you enjoy mate

cheers scotty

Comment

reccomendations
                        bear in mind we went off season in March, B Cold !
                        Niagara falls, stay on the canadan side, Hooters restaurant all you can eat wings after 5.00 on a tuesday..cheap, and the waitresses
                        visit Niagaga on the Lake if you have time, pretty town, short drive away in the middle of the vineyards.
                        Buy Maple syrup in the supermarkets
                        Skylon Tower restaurant, food good, not too expencive and a wow view while you eat but watch the drink prices!
                        Buy your booze in the duty free by the border, before you enter the States
                        If you are driving, stop off at the highway rest areas, pick up a local voucher book for accomadation 1/2 price at many hotels - no need to book in advance when travelling between towns.
                        New york
                        Register now with Big Apple Greeter if you know your dates, I think the site is self explanitary but you are hosted by a local and they show you their town, all for free and you get to see places you might not have seen, we opted for 'greeters choice' and got to see Harlem - without getting mugged and had lunch in a chineese in china town for 28 dollars for 3 of us we were the only white cocaisians in there!
                        buy a Metro card for transport, saves a fortune, valid on subway and busses
                        You WILL put on weight, the portions are huge, but nobody worries if you want to share, and it is expected to take half your dinner home for lunch the next day (Doggie bag)
                        For a beef rib you will never forget City Diner it's on the upper west side around 90-95 st on either 5th ave or broadway, cant remember which
                        Lindy's for New york cheesecake
                        Spankies for BBQ grub 127 W 43rd st we had 1 meal between us and just managed a desert
                        Katz deli for a sarnie
                        Photos tell the story!
                        Perhaps I have just discovered why I am a little fat B******
                        enjoy your trip, if I can help further give me a PM
                        Attached Files
                        Tony

Comment

Spankies for BBQ grub.
                          Tracy went there the 1st night, You also get some Famous Faces from time to time. I thought SPANKIES was some strip club & i did'nt believe her LOL
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                          (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                            Spankies for BBQ grub.
                            Tracy went there the 1st night, You also get some Famous Faces from time to time. I thought SPANKIES was some strip club & i did'nt believe her LOL
                            great grub, and one of the biggest selection of hot sauces I have ever.............phew!
                            Tony

Comment

i apologise if this is lower not bothered to read all the thread,

my wife is canadian - yes i often call her a french american!!! - and having spent lots fo time over there i can reccomend going to see a hockey match awesome fun, go to the hockey hall of fame and try to hold the stanley cup WOW!

go to a truck stop or a diner and ask for poutine - chips cheese and gravy, lovely food. pancakes are a must.

go to a steak house and try some different meat like buffalo and bison, the falls are a must obviously and the lakes, if lacrosse season is still on go there, really violent game and good fun....

have fun and all that

ttfn

graham

Comment

Working...
                              X