yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insurance classed as a Commercial Vehicle!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Artful_dodger
    I'm with a company called Groupama, they charged me £328 fully comp for 3 (yes three) Surf's and after i'd sent the certificate off for having a Thatcham alarm/imobilisor fitted to my main one, my premium dropped to £280 and that's with all mods declared and 6 points on my license,

Should be cheaper still in December as points all the points get removed

Cheers
    Paul
    Yep I'm with them also, and for the second year running my premium dropped (and it's not through NCD cause I've hit the max).
    Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Originally posted by Karma Supra
      WTF?

I insured the Truck with Elephant for £450 fully comp with myself and the mrs on the policy, and though all was well...

When the policy docs came though It specified that I was not able to drive other vehicles, which is no good to me as there are a few cars in my family,

I asked them why as I was under the impression that I should be covered and they could answer, agreeing that I should be covered... They eventually came up with the reason.

"Because your insurance policy is on a commercial vehicle" Anyone had this before? Surely the Surf can't be calssed as a commercial??? Or do they just not have a clue what it is, and see "hilux" and think "pickup"????
      i got mine by filling out a form on t'internet for money supermarket.com.they phoned me with details of ins co's,and put me through,didnt even have to pay 4 the fone call
      might be worth a go
      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Bugga me you lot pay a lot for insurance
        wont tell you mine as you may cry.
        i with adrian flux
        Enjoying Life after Cancer
        Pops

Comment

I'm also with Flux, full comp+ off road cover (no timed compo's )

.......and they also insure this with all mods full comp cheep as chips.....

Mark......
          Let taste be the enemy of art!

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein
            liverpool victoria stein is insured fully comp with all mods listed and it only cost me £210 per year.
            Never had a problem wiv em either in 14 years @ at Just under £200 Squid it's Fantastic ...... I have got age on my side tho !!!!!

There's always a Payback .... Ya just won't see it Comin !!!!
            Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by b19aus
              Snap as me also except with Insureyourmotor.com
              i just looked there and cant see a surf listed
              Tim
              Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
                i just looked there and cant see a surf listed
                Can't remember exactly, cos trawled thru loads of sights, u may have to enter as a 4 runner
                Started with a beast now I have a beauty

Comment

Can't remember exactly, cos trawled thru loads of sights, u may have to enter as a 4 runner

Sorry should be sites
                  Started with a beast now I have a beauty

Comment

I hope you have checked that out with the insurer - you know they like to wriggle out of claims through technicalities.
                    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by Karma Supra
                      WTF?

I insured the Truck with Elephant for £450 fully comp with myself and the mrs on the policy, and though all was well...

When the policy docs came though It specified that I was not able to drive other vehicles, which is no good to me as there are a few cars in my family,

I asked them why as I was under the impression that I should be covered and they could answer, agreeing that I should be covered... They eventually came up with the reason.

"Because your insurance policy is on a commercial vehicle" Anyone had this before? Surely the Surf can't be calssed as a commercial??? Or do they just not have a clue what it is, and see "hilux" and think "pickup"????
                      Just a note for you guys do check your policies...The crafty gits are now makin the policies without other vehicle cover on a third party basis because of the unscruplious members of the comunity taking out cover on a Punto and driving around in Ferraris....The third party cover is really only to be used if the driver is taken ill to get you home or to hospital.
                      Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

I think mines a 4 runner on insurance.

the website i used had "hiluxsurf/4runner" as an option. Docs are all 4runner.

ah well soon Adrian!

Comment

I'm with life sure. No claims protection under £200s

PS if you state that you have a female driver in the family they reduce the amount. Strange co's if there's a bump it's usually MRS Highlander driving!
                          www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Comment

Working...
                          X