yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insurance classed as a Commercial Vehicle!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance classed as a Commercial Vehicle!

WTF?

I insured the Truck with Elephant for £450 fully comp with myself and the mrs on the policy, and though all was well...

When the policy docs came though It specified that I was not able to drive other vehicles, which is no good to me as there are a few cars in my family,

I asked them why as I was under the impression that I should be covered and they could answer, agreeing that I should be covered... They eventually came up with the reason.

"Because your insurance policy is on a commercial vehicle" Anyone had this before? Surely the Surf can't be calssed as a commercial??? Or do they just not have a clue what it is, and see "hilux" and think "pickup"????
    More Lift.
    More Tyres.
    More Engine.

Had trouble with Norwich Union last year about what my vehicle was. Told the indian call centre guy I'd e-mail him a picture of it or even drive it to india. As he just couldn't grasp the concept. They've probably messed up and thought it's a hilux pickup, but if they got your registration plate and ran it through the DVLA it should tell them it's not a commercial vehicle.
    Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Well worth a phone call to them.Tell them it is not a pick up.
      I believe that on the new taxation laws's a vehical that has a 1 ton pay load
      capacity is classed as " an commercial" vahical .
      That is why a lot of the company car boys are driving double cab L200
      and double cab Hi Lux and only paying £500 a year in car tax as they are classed as an " commercial vehical" and not a car.

Had a lot of problems when I first insured mine as they could not relate
      a "Surf" to any vehical of that age ( 91 ) as the equiverlant 4 runner
      but was a lot newer. Had mine through Tesco no bother what so ever ?
      did not even demand an imobaliser ? paying about £350 full comp with
      protected no cliams .

Cheers Chris
      GOT NO COWBOYS HERE?

Comment

Originally posted by poppy986
        Well worth a phone call to them.Tell them it is not a pick up.
        I believe that on the new taxation laws's a vehical that has a 1 ton pay load
        capacity is classed as " an commercial" vahical .
        That is why a lot of the company car boys are driving double cab L200
        and double cab Hi Lux and only paying £500 a year in car tax as they are classed as an " commercial vehical" and not a car.

Had a lot of problems when I first insured mine as they could not relate
        a "Surf" to any vehical of that age ( 91 ) as the equiverlant 4 runner
        but was a lot newer. Had mine through Tesco no bother what so ever ?
        did not even demand an imobaliser ? paying about £350 full comp with
        protected no cliams .

Cheers Chris
        try apache insurance,245 fully comp. no excess, protected ncb,rac breakdown relay get youi home thing etc . well impressed
        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Well I called them during lunch break.... they said a "hilux" is a commercial vehicle surf or not, I asked if a 4Runner was they said that is also, and is listed as the same car as a Hilux Surf, and its way other their heads, its do do with their underwriters (EUI).

I aslo asked them about possible futre mods, they won't cover lifts!!

I think its time to give Apache a bell, any more reccomendations?

I'm 25 with 7 years NCB, No points.... Think I'll get any cheaper then £450?
          More Lift.
          More Tyres.
          More Engine.

Comment

Adrian Flux are another very good group to get with, been with now since Feb £750 per year fully comp, and that's with 6 points. Don't think they stop you modifying either
            Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Originally posted by captain_chaos
              Adrian Flux are another very good group to get with, been with now since Feb £750 per year fully comp, and that's with 6 points. Don't think they stop you modifying either
              I was when i had surf, £250 a year with lifts included all though i never got round to doing it. Thats with max no claims discount and 3 points.
              Working at last.......

Comment

Lurch was that with Flux?
                More Lift.
                More Tyres.
                More Engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Karma Supra
                  Lurch was that with Flux?
                  Yes sorry mate And i dont think they mind you using veg too.
                  Working at last.......

Comment

I'm with direct line, £300 fully comp, no probs with finding surf on their database, although they do require an immobiliser to cover for theft.
                    Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

liverpool victoria stein is insured fully comp with all mods listed and it only cost me £210 per year.
                      www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob
                        I'm with direct line, £300 fully comp, no probs with finding surf on their database, although they do require an immobiliser to cover for theft.
                        Same for me, I'd recommend Direct Line too, £300 and that covers my wife too though she refuses to drive it anyway!
                        Anyway its a two by four most of the time....

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein
                          liverpool victoria stein is insured fully comp with all mods listed and it only cost me £210 per year.
                          I'm with them also, pleased with their service as well.
                          I Love Wales

Comment

I'm with a company called Groupama, they charged me £328 fully comp for 3 (yes three) Surf's and after i'd sent the certificate off for having a Thatcham alarm/imobilisor fitted to my main one, my premium dropped to £280 and that's with all mods declared and 6 points on my license,

Should be cheaper still in December as points all the points get removed

Cheers
                            Paul

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein
                              Snap as me also except with Insureyourmotor.com
                              Started with a beast now I have a beauty

Comment

Working...
                              X