Yahoo Slurp Spider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yahoo Slurp Spider

I think we have a new member, checking out various threads, what's that all about then???
    Rob

Still working for the man!

I think it's some tool that Yahoo use to automate keystrokes and pretend to be a logged on member to check page load and ratings - although of course, it could a be some sort of toss end from Guatamala....
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer
      I think it's some tool that Yahoo use to automate keystrokes and pretend to be a logged on member to check page load and ratings - although of course, it could a be some sort of toss end from Guatamala....
      Aye, it was reading 5 threads simal...simmalta....at the same time

A bit strange, big brother and all that ( no not the c r a p p y TV thing)
      Rob

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob
        Aye, it was reading 5 threads simal...simmalta....at the same time

A bit strange, big brother and all that ( no not the c r a p p y TV thing)

There are those, and a product called TMART that checks the load time, pretends to be a user, logs on, does something and logs off and reports time to complete the whole process... mostly on accessing websites or online software services....we set one up for a big drinks co a while back to let them check how long it takes someone to get onto the site, past the front page and check two urls and back out....all very dull
        Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

it's the thing that gathers info so that search engines work.
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

He is currently viewing ten separate posts...............greedy b'stard.
            Rob

Comment

Working...
            X