Thieving so and so,s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thieving so and so,s

My husband went to the garage last night to get milk but as he got back in the truck he dropped the wallet with £250.00 pound off our holiday money in. Didnt realise till we got up this morning so we rang the garage up to find they had been handed in a wallet last night. Went to go and pick it up and the thieving so and so,s had nicked all the money. Burst into tears in the middle off the garage then had to go home and tell my 3 children that we arnt going away know. Hour later the garage called us to say they had just been handed a roll off money and could we go and pick it up. Some man had found it at the side off the garage, counted it but only £145.00 left. £100.00 short. Spose i should count my blessings but still really p***d off.

Well, if it was loose, some could have blown away I guess...

Cant imagine why someone finding £250 would nick £105, then hand the rest in. Seems odd.

Tough break though, and hope you sort your hols out!
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

So sorry to hear your news.Sounds like somone in the garage found it spent some of the money and then had a gilty mind when you turned up to get the wallet
      Last edited by kiowa; 30 August 2007, 16:07.
      I HAVE FOUND JESUS he was behind the sofa

Comment

Perhaps they had a whip round in the garage to ease your pain and their feelings of guilt

Hope you get away OK

Paul

Comment

Think your Lucky for a couple of reasons

For one you got your wallet back and presumable all your cards Id and the rest.

You got over half the cash back

Your wallet and cash presumable were picked up by two different people and handed to two different garage attendants, I cannot see any of them taking the cash then handing you the rest, why not keep the lot!..

Lot of honest people around your area your wallet and cash passed through 4 sets of hands

Would be gutted about the missing cash though but it coulda been worse

Mark
          ps
          My tent blew down and was trashed on the first week of my holiday and the holiday was either over or pay the holiday park £300 for a chalet (still paying it off now)

Comment

I reckon some one in the garage found it, spent some on booze and fags, then you go in, they feel bad and give the remainder of the cash back.( but then I'm the mistrustful sort...) speak to the garage management, they should have video covering the forecourt and the shop. (if it was staff, at this point they may well offer to 'make up the difference as a goodwill gesture')
            it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
              I reckon some one in the garage found it, spent some on booze and fags, then you go in, they feel bad and give the remainder of the cash back.( but then I'm the mistrustful sort...) speak to the garage management, they should have video covering the forecourt and the shop. (if it was staff, at this point they may well offer to 'make up the difference as a goodwill gesture')
              They have got cctv off it but wont look at it. I have called a few times but get fobed off each time so i have been told to ring back at 6 0clock. Will update u . Cheers guys.

Ps we are going away still tomorrow now as we have had over half the money back.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
                Bingo.
                I got me a new Surf baby yeah!

Comment

Get the video, phone the police and get them involved too - if it was someone in the garage, you may get the rest of the money back as soon as the police show up.....
                  Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer
                    Get the video, phone the police and get them involved too - if it was someone in the garage, you may get the rest of the money back as soon as the police show up.....
                    Your right i have done that as the owner refuses to look at the cctv and also now they have changed thier story , they did say a man found the wallet but now they are saying that a member off staff found it. Police are out thier now as we speak will update u later.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitsy
                      Your right i have done that as the owner refuses to look at the cctv and also now they have changed thier story , they did say a man found the wallet but now they are saying that a member off staff found it. Police are out thier now as we speak will update u later.

Great - let's hope the police can get them to look at the video, with the police on site, and see if their memory returns......
                      Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

they have to show you the CCTV under the freedom of information act...
                        think yoiu have to pay a tenner to see it though.
                        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
                        X