thinking about a lexus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thinking about a lexus

been thinking about getting a lexus soarer. liked them since i was a kid. but what i did want to do was look into the v8 one that bushwacker got for the conversion, but couldnt remember the model of it. ?

toyota soarer / lexus soarer can be picked up for a couple a grand now from what ive seen. and the 2.5 twin turbo are supposed to be lightning. arnt they the same engines as skylines?

any how they do a 4.0 litre one, guessing this is the v8

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Toyota-Lexus-S...QQcmdZViewItem
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Don't do it - buy a Vauxhall Omega, in black, stick some extra aerials on and pretend you're the plod (I'm kidding)....

Like the Soarer - very nice looking car....
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

The 4.0 Litre is a V8, the 2.5 is a twin turbo and the 3.0 I seem to remember is a straight 6.

I was under the impression Vince got a LS400 Merc lookalike rather than the soarer.
      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
        The 4.0 Litre is a V8, the 2.5 is a twin turbo and the 3.0 I seem to remember is a straight 6.

I was under the impression Vince got a LS400 Merc lookalike rather than the soarer.
        i know it wasnt a soarer but i couldnt remember the numbers. th is200 looks nice but i think the biggest engine they do is just the 2.5 6 cylinder. no turbos, although there are kits its not worth the money.

ill look into the ls400s
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

wow. there is an LPG converted LS400 v8 one on ebay for 1500 quid
          http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/STUNNING-LEXUS...QQcmdZViewItem
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

whistles, posts this and runs
            Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

thats nice. dunno how its got 300hp, cant be standard?
              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Great cars, I have had two of them, its bascily an "exectutive" Supra, the 2.5TT and 3.0i Engies are supra engines, the 4.0 V8 is the Ls400 one.

I went for the TT version as its the fastest, and doesn't have the touch screen TV navi system that doen't work in the UK. (its not LCD, its a tube!)

Seriously underated cars, I can't beleive how cheap they are now too... my frst one was a "bargain" at a 5 figure price tag!

The IS200 only came with a 2.0 straight 6 (1G-UFE) , although the jap version the Altezza came with a Beams 4 cylinder 3S engine (an uprated version of the celica/mr2 lump). There was also an IS300 with the same 2JZ-GE engine that the soarer, Small LS, N/A mkiv supra etc etc all came with. -Although the V8 also will fit in the IS200, as will the supra TT engine

As for the Aristo, that is a 2JZ-GTE, 280 hp stock, although an exhaust and air filter would see it over 300. I am not sure what he is on about with the auto or 5 speed manual, they do have a manual override which is a little clumsy, - and 4 speed lol
                Last edited by Karma Supra; 29 August 2007, 11:06.
                More Lift.
                More Tyres.
                More Engine.

Comment

Working...
                X