T-belt light's on.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-belt light's on.

Well, My surfs been off the road for aaagggees after the brakes went, then batteries!

Got some batteries today from kings toyota... (an just come back to find i couldve traded my model for them cheap as chips, one step from breaking up here!!!! )

but anyway! The batteries are sh!t hot! she just fires up right just by looking at it! BUT My T-belt light is on, Is this because the ECU has reset? Or cuz it needs changing?

Brakes are getting there, Still need a bit of adjustment. On a couple of plus notes, Only my rev counter is reading out on my white dials, so not too hard to fix! And its great to be back in the surf, even if it does feel waaay too high and wide as a lorry and just scary!

Originally posted by RodLeach
    Well, My surfs been off the road for aaagggees after the brakes went, then batteries!

Got some batteries today from kings toyota... (an just come back to find i couldve traded my model for them cheap as chips, one step from breaking up here!!!! )

but anyway! The batteries are sh!t hot! she just fires up right just by looking at it! BUT My T-belt light is on, Is this because the ECU has reset? Or cuz it needs changing?

Brakes are getting there, Still need a bit of adjustment. On a couple of plus notes, Only my rev counter is reading out on my white dials, so not too hard to fix! And its great to be back in the surf, even if it does feel waaay too high and wide as a lorry and just scary!

do you know when the t/belt was last changed as its set to come on at 100,000.If you don't know when it was changed then i would advise getting it done
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce
      do you know when the t/belt was last changed as its set to come on at 100,000.If you don't know when it was changed then i would advise getting it done
      I think theres a sticker on the engine somewhere, I'll check later!

Im currently on 145,000ish KM's, Might have to get Tony to take a gander!

Cheers Rich!

Comment

I believe the light comes on if the connection on the panel is broken or batterys disconnected for any lenght of time, (stand to be corrected on that)
        mine came on after i removed the instruments, you can reset it throught the small rubber plug on the facia,
        Know what you mean, mine feels twice as high and big than it did, great aint it
        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
          I believe the light comes on if the connection on the panel is broken or batterys disconnected for any lenght of time, (stand to be corrected on that)
          mine came on after i removed the instruments, you can reset it throught the small rubber plug on the facia,
          Know what you mean, mine feels twice as high and big than it did, great aint it

Cheers Ian! I might end up picking your brains on tips for sorting out the rev counter needle!

I did have the dash disconected and ive had the batteries out! So its on both cases really, Might check the milage sticker then poke the lil button!

Comment

When i did mine i made the mistake of fitting it all back together before i turned on the ign and got 3.000 rpm, then just removed the needle, switched on and gently placed it so it was on zero, switched on to double check and then pushed it on a bit more firmly, thats just ign on BTW not engine running,
            Im sure there's a more scientific way to set it up but it's near enough for me
            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
              When i did mine i made the mistake of fitting it all back together before i turned on the ign and got 3.000 rpm, then just removed the needle, switched on and gently placed it so it was on zero, switched on to double check and then pushed it on a bit more firmly, thats just ign on BTW not engine running,
              Im sure there's a more scientific way to set it up but it's near enough for me
              Good man! Thats just what i needed to know, Ive still gotta hook up power to them yet, So they are a 'work in progess'

Comment

Working...
              X