spain trip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spain trip?

well we planed a camping trip into spain so got the truck ready?
    full service belts fluids brakes ect
    new clutch
    new mot
    so great of we go???
    got into the south of france (la roshelle) and picked a vibration right through the truck pulled into a service station and all we could find was the rear axle was hot (as in warmer than usual) so decided to check it out just in case
    went into the garage to get some ep90 not a chance so we had a look at the diff oil only to find some evidence of water and what felt like grit in the oil
    so had no choice but to drain and add the best we could find (80/40 engine oil) and start heading home which we made okay if not well shaken
    when we replaced the rear axle with a lsd one and matching front diff
    still a little vibration so stripped it down again and the only thing we could find was a small amount of play in the uj so took it and had a new one fitted only to be told that one of the four points was fractured and broke on removal so now I am not sure if the axle broke the uj or the uj broke the axle
    still done now planning for next year

sorry that the holiday was a failure but i suppose you were lucky you weren't further into the holiday
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Glad you got home OK…..

"water in the diff"

Sorry to sound harsh, but this is the price you pay for wading in muddy water.
      Last edited by PDR; 28 August 2007, 16:06.
      Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

That's a real bummer, losing half your holiday,but at least it wern't terminal.

It's a real dilema when traveling, to know which spares to take along, but a UJ or two should be added to everyones list, as they don't take up any room.

We all hope to learn by ours and others misfortune.
        Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

i lost the brakes on the way home from nice/france.

sorry about missing half your holiday.
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy
            i lost the brakes on the way home from nice/france.
            That was careless, have you found them yet??
            Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

sort of. we topped up fluid as it had emptied but pedal was cr@p, then it fixed itself and pedal was back to normal until about 30 mins from calais it started going again. resevoir was almost empty again, so topped up got home and its been there since sat. must look tomorrow.
              i got bad sunburn too both legs have swollen up i got no ankles, my right nipple went all funny... the aftersun/aloe cream is sorting everything but the legs. the day we drove back i couldnt stand up.
              the sun aint all that ... i used sun cream too. sea washed it off i think
              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
              X