clicking noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clicking noise

Ok. Changed the front pads, and developed a strange clicking noise. The first time it happend the anti rattle spring flew off. Now, when you jack the truck up and dismantle the brakes i noticed that one of the pistons is sticking in on the caliper so that it does not engage onto the pad. Once you have put it all back to gether the noise gose away. After a day or to it comes back it gets worse when you go round corners but then is ok on the straight. I know this sounds confusing. I am thinking that the pads is loose and is hitting the spring, or it is the outer CV joint. What do you reakon guys? If it is the CV Joint is it safe to drive?
    SWIFT AND BOLD

Originally posted by charvell
    Ok. Changed the front pads, and developed a strange clicking noise. The first time it happend the anti rattle spring flew off. Now, when you jack the truck up and dismantle the brakes i noticed that one of the pistons is sticking in on the caliper so that it does not engage onto the pad. Once you have put it all back to gether the noise gose away. After a day or to it comes back it gets worse when you go round corners but then is ok on the straight. I know this sounds confusing. I am thinking that the pads is loose and is hitting the spring, or it is the outer CV joint. What do you reakon guys? If it is the CV Joint is it safe to drive?
    sounds very much like the outer cv joint to me
    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by charvell
      I dont understand how changing the pads would cause the CV joint to go or start making a noise. especially as you say when things are reassembled the noise goes away. So unless its coincidence I would say strip the brake caliper and free off the sticking piston then make sure it is reassembled correctly and refit the pads.
      Trust your Hound.

Comment

I know after i did my discs and pads in my old truck that it started creaking and clicking a few days later. turns out some of the nuts were loose (though can't remember which), tightened them and it was sorted.

sounds silly, but may be worth checking how tight things are?

Martin
        Just trying to raise my postcount!

Comment

Working...
        X