OT- selling a photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT- selling a photo

Anyone any experience of photo selling? Some one has contacted me wanting to purchase one of my photos including all commercial rights to it and I'm unsure of what price to ask.

I was thinking £50 ish. Is that about right?

Cheers,

Dave

Originally posted by Ballibeg
    Anyone any experience of photo selling? Some one has contacted me wanting to purchase one of my photos including all commercial rights to it and I'm unsure of what price to ask.

Cheers,

Dave
    ask them what they offering first n say youll think bout it n hope they make you a good offer or check with a local trustworthy photographer first.

Comment

It does depend on what they are going to use it for, if it's gonna be part of an ad campaign then it could be worth thousands, or not.

Generally the rights remain that of the photographer, so if they want the rights, it sound like it's gonna get long term use.

Check with some of the photography web sites, this one has some treads on that very subject;

http://www.nikonians.org/
      Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by Ballibeg

Cheers,

Dave
        Depends how much they will pay. Copyright should always remain with the photographer. when the photo is used it should always carry the byline .by kind permission of photographers name' (or similar). Never allow copyright to be transferred from yourself! BTW £50 aint enough.
        Ask what it is to be used for ie. Advertising how many times they want to use it etc. an example of price is £150 ish for a newspaper story. advertising rates would be more expensive. £50 would get you a photo without any rights. Personal internet usage rights would be around £15. Hope this helps
        Last edited by Taliesins; 27 August 2007, 10:25.
        Trust your Hound.

Comment

Do not sell all rights to the photo until you do your homework Check out a photo library. You may be able to sell over and over again if it's good enough.

http://ww3.photolibrary.com/index.html?kc=1&tid=3

Nev

Comment

Working...
          X