Bugger !!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bugger !!!!!!

got in truck this morning started driving to sevenoaks all ok speedo working no flashing O/D light
    get about halfway there and speedo stops working
    carry on with journey
    go to a nice restaurant go to drive off after having a nice meal and notice O/D light is flashing on and off
    am really getting $$$$ed with the truck at the moment as im /was going to rtts soon if the truck aint up to it will have to cancel

could somebody give me an idiots guide to sorting out these probs ie big arrows and pictures [no techical stuff ]
    Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Try disconnectin the battery over night or at least 2 hrs or so, resets ecu, worth a try if anything
    Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

go out in truck this morning no speedo
      O/O light starts flashing after a few minutes driving
      drive to makro's [couple of miles ]
      come out of shop drive car home no O/D light flashing
      WTF is happening ?????

Comment

Most likely your speedo sensor unit on it`s way out. Located on the rear of trans. case. Dont worry about driving with no speedo and a flashing OD light as long as everything else (except speedo) is working fine. eg. changing gear fine and into overdrive fine. The dashlight will flash when gearbox is warmed up fully. Some forum members have been using theirs for a long time like this- including me! So to summarise- if it`s the speedo sensor you are fine to use the vehicle. If it`s a gearbox problem your in the poo!
        cheers,
        chris
        Powered by Toyota!

Comment

[QUOTE=chrisinflight] So to summarise- if it`s the speedo sensor you are fine to use the vehicle. If it`s a gearbox problem your in the poo!
          cheers,
          chris[/QUOTEcould be that a wire is broken from the sensor to the dash.play around with the wiring and check to make sure theres no dirt in the connecting plugs.
          www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by chrisinflight
            Most likely your speedo sensor unit on it`s way out. Located on the rear of trans. case. Dont worry about driving with no speedo and a flashing OD light as long as everything else (except speedo) is working fine. eg. changing gear fine and into overdrive fine. The dashlight will flash when gearbox is warmed up fully. Some forum members have been using theirs for a long time like this- including me! So to summarise- if it`s the speedo sensor you are fine to use the vehicle. If it`s a gearbox problem your in the poo!
            cheers,
            chris
            everything is working fine except speedo so i hope im not in the poo except if get caught on speed camera then im in it
            cheers for the advice even if im in the poo i feel better

mark will have to let someone who knows what there looking for have a look
            errrrr are you going on the rtts [how cunning was that

Comment

dont know if this helps when i changed my dials for white ones took mate to hospital my speedo never worked and the A/t light was flashing looked next day it was the wire they cut to convert the speedo to mph was not connected properly was put right every think was great

Comment

cheers mate every little suggestion may help

Comment

Working...
                X