help water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help water

hi guy i ended up stuck in some deep water today on a off road outing now she wont start starter just clicks tried pull starting it but engine wont turn any ideas

I've heard of Holy Water, but never Help Water....

How deep are we talking?? Over the bonnet, covering the headlights and getting sucked into the air intake deep?????

We had this a while back in Avon Dassett - very wet Surf, got it back on dry land, squirted the started and alternator with Gunk, flushed it with clean water, hooked it up to my battery and jump started it - it was fine....
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

about just above the seats my arse is wet

Comment

Remove the glow plugs and it should turn over slowly . The water should come out the glow plug holes . Remove air filter and put somewhere to dry.Once you think water is out of engine , refit glow plugs and try to start . If/when it fires let it idle . If it still wont fire up it may well be well full of water .May need a good turn over with help of boost from another vehicle . Trying to tow start may cause major damage to engine !
        Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Also new engine oil as water can get in thru the dipstick opening. Check to see if its got water in. Disconnect all the intake pipes and turbo and wipe any water away.
          cheers,