Build your own R/C car's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Build your own R/C car's

I know some of you guys are into the ole R/C stuff, when i was tiny i always wanted one of those complete build it yourself RC cars, Ive recently stumbled apon the F-350 Tamiya model, Which seems awesome. Does anyone know anything about that? or any kind of build your petrol R/C cars?

Thank you!

Originally posted by RodLeach
    I know some of you guys are into the ole R/C stuff, when i was tiny i always wanted one of those complete build it yourself RC cars, Ive recently stumbled apon the F-350 Tamiya model, Which seems awesome. Does anyone know anything about that? or any kind of build your petrol R/C cars?

Thank you!
    Rod theres a shop down here that does all these remote control petrol cars and other stuff so if you got chance while your down then i'll show you where it is

A couple of guys at work bought one for they're kids but the kids never got to use them.I think they said they can go 45 -60mph on some of the bigger ones
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce
      Rod theres a shop down here that does all these remote control petrol cars and other stuff so if you got chance while your down then i'll show you where it is

A couple of guys at work bought one for they're kids but the kids never got to use them.I think they said they can go 45 -60mph on some of the bigger ones

ah, cheers Rich! i might have to take you up on your offer one day.

60mph!! almost as fast as my 2.4!!

The only thing that puts me off with the f-350 model is that you then need to go an buy a 4 way controller, and some other stuff!! that i have no idea what it is

Comment

I don't know naff all about r/c cars and planes etc but like i said if your ever down this way i'll show you the shop.I'll see if they got a tel.no.also or a web site and let you know during the week
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

ive been into rc cars since i was ikle.
          i currently have a HPI nitro rush evo, its a .15 engine powered stadium truck, and its wicked.
          definately get one, they are the nuts
          PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

Cheers Rich, would appreciate that mate.

Animal, Any hints n tips? the one i was looking at getting is ... http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=58372

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
              Cheers Rich, would appreciate that mate.

Animal, Any hints n tips? the one i was looking at getting is ... http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=58372

thats a pretty nifty looking truck, first time ive seen it,
              my main advice would be to make sure spare parts are readily available for whichever kit you buy, theres nothing worse than breaking a part then having to wait weeks or longer while a supplier tries to track the parts down for you.
              and take your time on assembly, cut all burrs off properly on the plastic parts so everything runs and fits smooth
              but mainly HAVE FUN WITH IT
              PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

Westbourne model center cant be to far from you can it Rod, they do all the r/c stuff, used to get my r/c ship gear there, i'll look up the addy if you need it,
                Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
                  Westbourne model center cant be to far from you can it Rod, they do all the r/c stuff, used to get my r/c ship gear there, i'll look up the addy if you need it,

If its near you then it cant be too far from me, as were about 30 mins apart from each other mate.

I'll do a google and see what i can see!

Cheers for the info lads.

Comment

When i've built them in the past, the model shops will usually bend over backwards to help if you have any problems, I have 2 stadium trucks, 1 nitro and 1 electric, scooby rally car that i'm slowly building and a mini monster truck. They are all fun and if you stay with a well known make you should be able to get bits for quite a while.
                    Working at last.......

Comment

Well, fingers crossed nothing falls off etc! But Tamiya are as far as im aware, a huge company! So not worried about parts off them! fingers crossed

like i said the worse part is that i need to get a seperate hand set, 4 channel, self neutralising. a battery pack, charger. some other lil electronic parts. the truck itself i can get for £150ish and get it built complete, just not working

then if i want flashy lights and sounds etc thats a £120 on top.

Comment

Model shops will have all you need and possibly a sale or deal, and if you spend a few quid they will knock money off, when i bought my 2 stadium trucks it should have cost about £650 but i got them for 500 and they chucked loads of bits and pieces in too.
                        Working at last.......

Comment

Originally posted by LURCH
                          Model shops will have all you need and possibly a sale or deal, and if you spend a few quid they will knock money off, when i bought my 2 stadium trucks it should have cost about £650 but i got them for 500 and they chucked loads of bits and pieces in too.
                          ah awesome! Where bouts did you get your stuff from? Your not too far away from me and im prepared to do a lil bit of traveling to make sure i get a decent deal!

Comment

I got mine from a shop in Lavistock near Sailsbury, a few years ago now, not sure if they are still there. But there is quite a good one in Christchurch near Bournemouth they was willing to open on a sunday for me as i was going to spend a few quid and they have a really good selection of cars/trucks, they have there own race team as well, will see if i can find a web site or phone number for them.
                            Working at last.......

Comment

there's a hobby stores in Southampton... just down from lime st "shopping" centre

apex models in crowthorne are good and do free mail order... (they're 5 mins from Mrs slug too!!)

I've got an FG monster truck - 29cc Engine and HUGE truck!

Team Losi LST2 with a 4.27cc engine... 2 speed, not as fast as the FG, but still FAST!!

they're generally 90% built these days, just bolt on the wheels and add radio gear.
                              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
                              X