Veg oil Symptoms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stormforce
    just had a look in the catalogue Mark and the injection pump seal kit is item number 003728 and is £7.80 plus vat and postage,god knows where i got £36 from
    Have I had too may beers??

A Fuel filter Seals
    B Fuel Pump seals
    C Injections pump seals

I have a 50/50, phone a friend and a ask the audiance

Which ones am I to change to stop the leak

My final answer would be B

Is that what you meant??

Mark

Comment

there a bit of info on this thread Mark so it may pay to try the cheaper option on Halfords or B&Q first for the top O ring
      http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...+pump+seal+kit
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by madcampbell
        Have I had too may beers??

A Fuel filter Seals
        B Fuel Pump seals
        C Injections pump seals

I have a 50/50, phone a friend and a ask the audiance

Which ones am I to change to stop the leak

My final answer would be B

Is that what you meant??

Mark
        The injector pump is the only kit in the milners catalogue so i take it it is that one.I have just been reading a couple of old threads and they have said about the same kit but the top seal is the only one that can be done with the pump in situ and that seal you will have to get from b&q or halfords
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce
          The injector pump is the only kit in the milners catalogue so i take it it is that one.I have just been reading a couple of old threads and they have said about the same kit
          Thanks for your help and the links

I will call milners on Tuesday and order the bits

Cheers

Mark

Comment

I might be miss-reading this, but new glow plugs could be in order..
            -=I swear to drunk I'm not god=-

Comment

changing the seals...

Hi all,

See the ozzie forum for some details on removal of the fuel pump for seal replacement. Having done it (and plumb-bob will agree) its a REET B4ST4RD. Involves removing the timing belt cover, which involves removing pretty much everything else in the bay..... well, not quite but it easier if you remove the big bits to make space first. Its a fiddly job, and reconnecting the fuel lines is a pain too - got me a small leak now, dunno where from though! You will also need a good hub puller and a knowledge of how to use it. the Halfrauds universal hub puller ISNT universal and needs to be modded!

Anyhow, while you are there, its a good time to replace the timing belt, and water pump (perhaps). I put a new rad in too. If you got time, do the oil filter as well.

If you want a garage to do the removal, its a good lump of cash and DO go to someone who has the skills and knowledge of a Hilux Surf. Go to TonyN down south.

oz site: http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/ go to the tech pages, and fuel pump / water pump / timing belt areas for detail.

Andy
              If you're gonna be a bear... be a Grizzly.

Comment

Originally posted by max6674
                I might be miss-reading this, but new glow plugs could be in order..
                Starting the truck up is fine, glow plugs do thier job. but the tick over is lumpy even after a trip out.

Comment

Originally posted by legendgamesmaster
                  Hi all,

See the ozzie forum for some details on removal of the fuel pump for seal replacement. Having done it (and plumb-bob will agree) its a REET B4ST4RD. Involves removing the timing belt cover, which involves removing pretty much everything else in the bay..... well, not quite but it easier if you remove the big bits to make space first. Its a fiddly job, and reconnecting the fuel lines is a pain too - got me a small leak now, dunno where from though! You will also need a good hub puller and a knowledge of how to use it. the Halfrauds universal hub puller ISNT universal and needs to be modded!

Anyhow, while you are there, its a good time to replace the timing belt, and water pump (perhaps). I put a new rad in too. If you got time, do the oil filter as well.

If you want a garage to do the removal, its a good lump of cash and DO go to someone who has the skills and knowledge of a Hilux Surf. Go to TonyN down south.

oz site: http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/ go to the tech pages, and fuel pump / water pump / timing belt areas for detail.

Andy
                  Thanks for that, I do need to do an oil change so will do that at the same time. I am hoping the top seal will do the trick but will see.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by legendgamesmaster
                    See the ozzie forum for some details on removal of the fuel pump for seal replacement. Having done it (and plumb-bob will agree) its a REET B4ST4RD. Involves removing the timing belt cover, which involves removing pretty much everything else in the bay.....
                    If just replacing the I.P top seals, pump removal isn't needed. Can be done in-situ.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                      If just replacing the I.P top seals, pump removal isn't needed. Can be done in-situ.
                      That's Kinda what I was hoping strange thing is though I fuelled up yesterday and came home to veg up the truck, got side tracked and forgot went out tonight running on just Derv and the tick over is fine

So what's that mean ?? veg oil struggling to get through fuel system but derv is getting through OK?

Cheers
                      Mark

Comment

Thanks Guy for all the ideas, will change filter and do as Veggie surfer did

See how it goes. Thanks

Anyone got a link about the fuel filter seal replacement and cost?

Thank
                        Mark
                        Fuel filter seal???

A pair of seals come with the filter. One for the sensor, one for the top of the filter.

<edit> Reading the other posts, do you mean fuel pump seals? I believe the top one is easy but have no idea of cost.
                        Last edited by Apache; 26 August 2007, 18:47.
                        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                          Fuel filter seal???

A pair of seals come with the filter. One for the sensor, one for the top of the filter.

<edit> Reading the other posts, do you mean fuel pump seals? I believe the top one is easy but have no idea of cost.
                          Yes I did mean the fuel pump

Going to change the filter and see how it goes

Mark

Comment

That's Kinda what I was hoping strange thing is though I fuelled up yesterday and came home to veg up the truck, got side tracked and forgot went out tonight running on just Derv and the tick over is fine

So what's that mean ?? veg oil struggling to get through fuel system but derv is getting through OK?

Cheers
                            Mark
                            That's what it sounds like to me. Veg is more viscous than diesel, so it's harder to push and suck.

Comment

Originally posted by Dust
                              That's what it sounds like to me. Veg is more viscous than diesel, so it's harder to push and suck.

Sounds like the symptoms are the same as when engine is cold. My erratic tickover goes away when engine is at operating temp. But then the coolant heats then fuel so maybe looke at installing one. The seals also swell again on diesel so dont go changing them just yet!
                              cheers,
                              chris