Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veg oil Symptoms

Hi All

I have been running veg oil since 1st of July 3 tanks worth at 60% SVO and 40% Diesel.

Veg oil Symptoms on start its lumpy and a bit smoky once warmed up it was fine...now the tick over is erratic with a little shudder every few minutes? could this be time to change fuel filter or a slightly blocked injector? plus getting what appears to be a fuel leak in engine bay? is it all linked to veg oil?

Thanks for any help

Mark

It is indeed. Definately change your fuel filter as the veggie loosens all the crud from the tank and drags it through the system, normally takes 2 or 3 filters to do the job. A few people are having a problem with fuel leaking from the fuel pump since starting to use veggie, it appears that it has a detrimental effect on slightly worn seals
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by madcampbell
      Hi All

I have been running veg oil since 1st of July 3 tanks worth at 60% SVO and 40% Diesel.

Veg oil Symptoms on start its lumpy and a bit smoky once warmed up it was fine...now the tick over is erratic with a little shudder every few minutes? could this be time to change fuel filter or a slightly blocked injector? plus getting what appears to be a fuel leak in engine bay? is it all linked to veg oil?

Thanks for any help

Mark
      had the same symptoms ,changed filter and run some injector cleaner through it ,had to do it twice running fine at the moment
      Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Same here, I actually filled my filter with UNIPART INJECTOR CLEANER. By far the best ive used as yet, dare i say better than redex? It took all the life out of my engine for a feww minutes but when she had finished it she ran like a lil darlin.

Def recommend that stuff, cleared her right out, had to horse it go anywhere though.
        Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Mines running like $$$$ at the mo so i need to get mine done soon and maybe some new injectors
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Try The Unipart stuff mate, honestly, with my 100% veg kit Im trying em out regular and its far better than redex, £7 mind
            Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Originally posted by Veggie Surfer
              Try The Unipart stuff mate, honestly, with my 100% veg kit Im trying em out regular and its far better than redex, £7 mind
              i might stick some atf in the new filter and give that a go and see what its like then

Comment

Tried that, wasnt as effective, but- it stayed cleaner for longer.
                Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Originally posted by Veggie Surfer
                  Tried that, wasnt as effective, but- it stayed cleaner for longer.
                  i thought i would give it a go as i bought some to top my power steering up a couple of weeks ago

Comment

Thanks Guy for all the ideas, will change filter and do as Veggie surfer did

See how it goes. Thanks

Anyone got a link about the fuel filter seal replacement and cost?

Thank
                    Mark

Comment

Thanks Guy for all the ideas, will change filter and do as Veggie surfer did

See how it goes. Thanks

Anyone got a link about the fuel filter seal replacement and cost?

Thank
                      Mark
                      it will be cheaper to get a filter kit from milners Mark. The fuel filter will have the sealing ring with the new one www.milneroffroad.com
                      You can also get a new seal kit for the fuel pump also for about £36 but you will need to get a pack of rubber seal also from B&Q or halfords (only a couple of £'s)as the milners kit has the top seal missing from the kit.
                      Last edited by stormforce; 25 August 2007, 20:28.

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce
                        it will be cheaper to get a filter kit from milners Mark. The fuel filter will have the sealing ring with the new one www.milneroffroad.com
                        Thanks mate I will learn to type one day!!

I did mean to type fuel pump seals not "filter"

Any link on that

Cheers

Mark

Comment

Thanks mate I will learn to type one day!!

I did mean to type fuel pump seals not "filter"

Any link on that

Cheers

Mark
                          you can get the pump seal kit from milners also

i did re read your post and noticed you put pump but edited my post when i noticed

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce
                            you can get the pump seal kit from milners also

i did re read your post and noticed you put pump but edited my post when i noticed
                            Cheers M8

Comment

Cheers M8
                              just had a look in the catalogue Mark and the injection pump seal kit is item number 003728 and is £7.80 plus vat and postage,god knows where i got £36 from

Comment

Working...
                              X