• Show
Clear All

Come on lads and lasses advice and experiences pleeease
    Cheers,
    Chas.

Comment

Originally posted by cbv8
      tonight is not a good night as the main guys you want were either pi55taking or not online

bump it tomorroow ans the best guys Jotto , Vagrant ,tonyn , surfenstein' bushwhacker etc might see it
      www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by cbv8
        There's less than a handful of ppl here with one so don't hold your breath!

Comment

Well, I'm here. At 15 1/2 stone and only 5'10", I'm more than a handful on my own!
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

lol

Hmmm, having just looked at the EPC, a 1990 2.0 2nd gen would have a 3Y-E engine, which would be EFI rather than carb....interesting....i didn't know they existed...that's all.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
              lol

Hmmm, having just looked at the EPC, a 1990 2.0 2nd gen would have a 3Y-E engine, which would be EFI rather than carb....interesting....i didn't know they existed...that's all.
              Surfenstein has the 3Y engine in his.

When I (briefly) owned the truck I looked into different ways of getting some more poke out of it.

Gave up because the basic design of the engine is very old. You've got faCTORy fit injection so I would think that would be about it.

Search for details on the 3Y - E. Also, get under the truck and see if there's a plate on the autobox giving its type.

But as already said - very rare truck in the UK so you won't get much back.
              Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Thanks for the replies so far i may risk it next week and go down Devon in it probably take a run at Telegraph hill incase it rolls back down
                Cheers,
                Chas.

Comment

I had a 87 hilux pickup with the 3y engine. Very reliable, always started first crank. I only had problems with distributor & points. Very quiet running- I could hardly hear the valves or cam. Economical, bit under-powered, engine oil always stayed clean . You can get Weber carb for them too!