Hydrolic lift !!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hydrolic lift !!!!!!!!

Anyone ever though of the possibility to have a hydraulic lift made up (a bit like Citroen cars) Drive round as per normal on work days flick switch to raise body and then fit weekend tyres, go play then come back change tyres and flick switch.

I don't think it would be impossible hydraulic pumps and flexi hoses which would stow without catch anything.

Do you think I am living on mars or do you think it could be done.

S$$$$ heap challenge!
    www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Originally posted by Highlander1
    Anyone ever though of the possibility to have a hydraulic lift made up (a bit like Citroen cars) Drive round as per normal on work days flick switch to raise body and then fit weekend tyres, go play then come back change tyres and flick switch.

I don't think it would be impossible hydraulic pumps and flexi hoses which would stow without catch anything.

S$$$$ heap challenge!
    It may be possible, you can get airbag suspension
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Its feasable but personally i wanna be up high all the time. Would save mpg's when down low though
      Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

S$$$$ heap challenge!

The rear can be done with air bags inside the coil springs. Harder to do the front 'cos of the torsion bars.

Comment

Originally posted by Veggie Surfer
          Its feasable but personally i wanna be up high all the time. Would save mpg's when down low though
          Yep that's my reason behind it tyres are $$$$$$ expensve so using the lift every day 60mile round trip with 33" wheels would cost me a fortune.

Mine you it would maybe work out cheeper to build a trailer buy a second hand cheep Surf lift it and tow it to the mud. no worries about MOT or tax.

Just thinking out loud.
          www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Comment

Anyone ever though of the possibility to have a hydraulic lift made up

S$$$$ heap challenge!
            Why not just rip off the RR air suspension.

As said though - the front suspension would be a pain due to the torsion bars.

Search Yotatech for ideas for front wishbone coil over mods. Or just fit it to a 3rd gen.

The RR system is rubbish BTW - owners regularly remove the whole lot and replace with normal coils and shocks.
            Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Working...
            X